Weight loss is harder than rocket science.

Leaverite

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Dec 19, 2017
Central Cal
No barbers.

I have not approached my barber since the onslaut of Covid. Walt is in his 70's. Japanese. Got sent as a kid with his family to Idaho in WWII. Relocated. For the good of America. He survived. The absolute greatest 49er fan in the history of NFL.

Six months. All of you semicovids. I have hair down to my shoulders. It's grey. But it's there. Thick and luxurient. No bald spots.

I would love a haircut. But not putting my
My dad is losing 5 lbs a week. For the last four weeks. 92+ y/o. All of this crap. He dosen't want to eat, he dosen't want to get out of bed any longer. 147 lbs today. He hast lost 5 lbs in a week. My dad is a strong man. Kids these days. Fvcking off, left and right. Not in our household. My younder brother. Same. Respect. Dad made us better than what we would have been left to ourselves. No abuse. My mom was a 1st/2nd grade school teacher. Still miss her.

They paved our way. Making us better than we could be left on our own. Dad is dieing from a broken heart right now. The news. Watching TV. Watching the whole world crumble.

It won't be long. Been taking him to a bunch of doctors.
Two serious anyourisms. Growing. Already has a stent. Doc said, at this point. Make him comfortable.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
sounds interesting.

that free download worth it?

or is that just a hook to get me to spend?
Have you done tabatas?

That is a good way to get cut without dieting.

The high intensity sprint is hard on my back, but the fat just falls off.

20 sec sprinting, 10 seconds either resting or going slow, for six rounds.

You can do anything kind of exersise, running, bike, squating, swimming.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The excessive weight is an over reaction/maladaption of the nervous system.

They have turned into a fat accumulation system.

When the famine comes they will be laughing at us all.

I would guess that some people are genetically gifted when it comes to fat storage.

Some people couldn't get that fat if you gave them a billon dollars.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
No but a friend of mine wrote one and gave me a copy...

Looks good. That's what I'm talking about. Scot Abel talks about Dr. Squat a lot. I'll have to get that book before I'm jailed for misgendering someone.

Edit: just in the front matter, he's "othered" 90% of the guys on here haha:
1595428694901.png

Last edited:

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Have you done tabatas?

That is a good way to get cut without dieting.

The high intensity sprint is hard on my back, but the fat just falls off.

20 sec sprinting, 10 seconds either resting or going slow, for six rounds.

You can do anything kind of exersise, running, bike, squating, swimming.
Hard to believe that you can get cut without consuming fewer calories
sure, if you burn an extra 500 calories daily and keep everything else the same, you’ll lose weight, but I still need to watch what I eat, otherwise I get hungrier after burning calories and then eat a whole ton more.
Its way easier to consume an extra 500 calories than to burn them
i don’t like the word diet when used as a verb. too open to interpretation and sounds like something someone does for a period of time and then stops dieting
ymmv

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

There is no innovation without openness.

High openness carries with it the price that there are going to be dead ends.
Sooner or later, you get bored with 3x5, 5x5, 5/3/1 and Texas Method strength programs. I tried Olympic lifting using Greg Everett's book and instructional videos and reading Glenn Pendlay. I've tried DC. Trying new things is interesting and you learn something. I'm going to get that "Jailhouse Strong" book. I used to train at a powerlifting gym owned by a guy who got rolled up in the BALCO investigation. He got sent back to prison and wrote to us that he'd been able to keep on most of his size with jailhouse workouts, so there must be something to it.

My MET recommendation came after trying the traditional contest dieting plan: lots of calorie restriction and LISS. I found - as Scott Abel explained - it turns you metabolism into the equivalent of a 3 cylinder Geo Metro and you blow up again quickly on even fewer calories than before.

Let's keep this up 10 more pages.

Reactions: Havoc

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

There is no innovation without openness.

High openness carries with it the price that there are going to be dead ends.
I don’t need to buy a book to make gains.

Just spend the time it takes to read a book about working out doing actual workouts instead and - gaynz, bruh.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Sooner or later, you get bored with 3x5, 5x5, 5/3/1 and Texas Method strength programs. I tried Olympic lifting using Greg Everett's book and instructional videos and reading Glenn Pendlay. I've tried DC. Trying new things is interesting and you learn something. I'm going to get that "Jailhouse Strong" book. I used to train at a powerlifting gym owned by a guy who got rolled up in the BALCO investigation. He got sent back to prison and wrote to us that he'd been able to keep on most of his size with jailhouse workouts, so there must be something to it.

My MET recommendation came after trying the traditional contest dieting plan: lots of calorie restriction and LISS. I found - as Scott Abel explained - it turns you metabolism into the equivalent of a 3 cylinder Geo Metro and you blow up again quickly on even fewer calories than before.

Let's keep this up 10 more pages.
I got disinterested in picking up heavy things, only to put them back down again, about 10 minutes after I started.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
The jailhouse stuff works because they don't have easy access to heavy things that they can lift, or at least they don't in yards that have taken away weights. Which is a lot of jails nowadays, I imagine. Therefore they do high reps of bodyweight or whatever random objects they can find that aren't bolted down. Bodybuilders do high reps, so it makes sense why they are able to maintain that kind of mass. Plus they have so much downtime, so they bang out sets all throughout the day.

This is true, although it's not permanent. Your metabolism can return to normal relatively quickly once you start eating more. Although you do have to be careful not to reintroduce food too quickly.

Reactions: PRCD