Vaccine Passports. Constitutional or Not?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Do you enjoy shooting yourself in the dick?

If the unvaccinated blow the traffic light, they're likely to kill someone else besides themselves.

You are proving my point.

Why always so sucky at valid comparisons?
So what does that have to do with me, being that I’m vaccinated :unsure:

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Its really not so simple, you are painting with too broad of a brush that you claim you don't like. Just like every car that goes through a red light doesn't harm someone, the uninoculated don't harm people everytime they walk in a store.

At this point if someone is an at risk person and you aren't taking the proper precautions (shot, mask, avoiding crowds) then that's on them.

I'll ask this again cause it went unanswered..

The expieremental product reduces your chances of becoming seriously ill, if you are at risk of becoming seriously ill , and thats great. But if the virus is still going to spread amongst everyone, shot or no shot, why does someone who is statically not at risk of becoming seriously ill have to take an expieremental medicine?
This is the crux of the matter that has been there since the beginning

This is on the at risk to protect themselves, not for everyone else to bend over backwards to protect the at risk

• Love
Reactions: grapedrink

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
This is the crux of the matter that has been there since the beginning

This is on the at risk to protect themselves, not for everyone else to bend over backwards to protect the at risk
I actually agree with you, but that only works if we can be sure they won't f up the "system" (economy, healthcare, hospitals, etc).

Now that they're down to only 30% of the population, maybe they can't f up the economy....?

But they can still fill the ICU beds.

Reactions: grapedrink

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
But I thought that the vaccine doesn’t prevent transmission :unsure: So unvaccinated people should be excluded from public because they are mostly a danger to themselves :unsure:
No, it's like having to wear a helmet on a motor cycle.

The society doesn't want to deal with your traumatic brain injury.

The people who don't get the shot and get sick drain the society.

That said, I say live and let die.

Reactions: grapedrink and rice

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
"These are people who didn’t and don’t want to die. They simply thought there was no way they would.
To them, COVID was a virus of the big city and those who live there, of old people, or persons with multiple pre-existing conditions (of which they didn’t believe their cholesterol-lined arteries and COPD qualified as examples).
It was only killing the weak.
And they were strong — cowboy strong, to be precise, or at least Sturgis motorcycle ridin’ strong.
High on a delusional mix of rugged individualism, toxic masculine bravado, pseudoscientific faith in vitamin supplements, and a belief that God would pull them through, they were convinced they were safe.
Only others were at risk — the less good people.
The ones who don’t do CrossFit, or go to a megachurch, or better still, a CrossFit in a megachurch.
The ones who don’t settle for the “power of positive thinking,” like FOX host Jesse Watters, who insisted that’s all he would need should he become infected.
The ones who place their faith in science rather than a Bible study group.
And for people like that? Who cares? To the right, those people don’t count.
Indifference to the suffering of others is why Trump’s minions wouldn’t mask. They didn’t care that they might infect people, despite being asymptomatic.
When you would tell them repeatedly that wearing a mask was less for the wearer than for others, they shrugged. If other folks are at risk, they should stay home and let the rest of us get back to the gym, the hairdresser, concerts, movies, and tailgate parties before the big game. I mean, this giant foam finger isn’t gonna wave itself.
Their freedom to do as they pleased was more important than other people’s lives.
Suicidal people don’t act or think that way. Homicidal people do."

• Love
Reactions: plasticbertrand

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
No, it's like having to wear a helmet on a motor cycle.

The society doesn't want to deal with your traumatic brain injury.

The people who don't get the shot and get sick drain the society.
All this.

Rlacey111

Nep status
Feb 14, 2021
I actually agree with you, but that only works if we can be sure they won't f up the "system" (economy, healthcare, hospitals, etc).

Now that they're down to only 30% of the population, maybe they can't f up the economy....?

But they can still fill the ICU beds.

Economy is already fucked, for a host of reasons, as an example; If Biden didn't pass his unlawful act this week, 11 million people would be in jeopardy of being evicted. Not good for anybody, landlord, or renter. Definitely not a good sign of a healthy economy. Another example: Within the last two weeks, over 700k people filed for 1st time unemployment. Another example: A fed chair said this morning, "the inflation isnt transitory" meaning its not going to stop. If you would like more i posted some videos earlier in the thread.

But again how can the people who are statistically proven to not become seriously ill from this virus going to fill up ICU beds?

The at risk people can fill up beds for sure, but the hyperbolic Dr from Louisiana, said they have 61 open beds because of staffing issues. She said its employees with Covid, which i assume have had the shot and wear masks.

Make that make sense.

All that said, the at risk should be aware they are at risk at this point and make sure they are taking the proper precautions to not become ill. I dont understand what is so hard about this concept for people to comprehend. I also don't understand why people don't want to answer this question...

The expieremental product reduces your chances of becoming seriously ill, if you are at risk of becoming seriously ill , and thats great. But if the virus is still going to spread amongst everyone, shot or no shot, why does someone who is statistically not at risk of becoming seriously ill have to take an expieremental medicine?

Rlacey111

Nep status
Feb 14, 2021
"These are people who didn’t and don’t want to die. They simply thought there was no way they would.
To them, COVID was a virus of the big city and those who live there, of old people, or persons with multiple pre-existing conditions (of which they didn’t believe their cholesterol-lined arteries and COPD qualified as examples).
It was only killing the weak.
And they were strong — cowboy strong, to be precise, or at least Sturgis motorcycle ridin’ strong.
High on a delusional mix of rugged individualism, toxic masculine bravado, pseudoscientific faith in vitamin supplements, and a belief that God would pull them through, they were convinced they were safe.
Only others were at risk — the less good people.
The ones who don’t do CrossFit, or go to a megachurch, or better still, a CrossFit in a megachurch.
The ones who don’t settle for the “power of positive thinking,” like FOX host Jesse Watters, who insisted that’s all he would need should he become infected.
The ones who place their faith in science rather than a Bible study group.
And for people like that? Who cares? To the right, those people don’t count.
Indifference to the suffering of others is why Trump’s minions wouldn’t mask. They didn’t care that they might infect people, despite being asymptomatic.
When you would tell them repeatedly that wearing a mask was less for the wearer than for others, they shrugged. If other folks are at risk, they should stay home and let the rest of us get back to the gym, the hairdresser, concerts, movies, and tailgate parties before the big game. I mean, this giant foam finger isn’t gonna wave itself.
Their freedom to do as they pleased was more important than other people’s lives.
Suicidal people don’t act or think that way. Homicidal people do."
These two things don't go together..

"old people, or persons with multiple pre-existing conditions (of which they didn’t believe their cholesterol-lined arteries and COPD qualified as examples)."

"The ones who don’t do CrossFit, or go to a megachurch, or better still, a CrossFit in a megachurch."

( also what does CrossFit and mass organized religion have in common? )

While there is some truth in this quote about peoples ignorance about there own health, it is hilariously stereotypical though. Which woke preist wrote this?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Economy is already fucked, for a host of reasons, as an example; If Biden didn't pass his unlawful act this week, 11 million people would be in jeopardy of being evicted. Not good for anybody, landlord, or renter. Definitely not a good sign of a healthy economy. Another example: Within the last two weeks, over 700k people filed for 1st time unemployment. Another example: A fed chair said this morning, "the inflation isnt transitory" meaning its not going to stop. If you would like more i posted some videos earlier in the thread.

But again how can the people who are statistically proven to not become seriously ill from this virus going to fill up ICU beds?

The at risk people can fill up beds for sure, but the hyperbolic Dr from Louisiana, said they have 61 open beds because of staffing issues. She said its employees with Covid, which i assume have had the shot and wear masks.

Make that make sense.

All that said, the at risk should be aware they are at risk at this point and make sure they are taking the proper precautions to not become ill. I dont understand what is so hard about this concept for people to comprehend. I also don't understand why people don't want to answer this question...

The expieremental product reduces your chances of becoming seriously ill, if you are at risk of becoming seriously ill , and thats great. But if the virus is still going to spread amongst everyone, shot or no shot, why does someone who is statistically not at risk of becoming seriously ill have to take an expieremental medicine?

What does expieremental mean?

Rlacey111

Nep status
Feb 14, 2021

My smartphone has made me dumber, what can I say? I never could spell to begin with, truth be told. I think you, you are smart enough to understand my question

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
but there's no reasonable way for the at-risk to protect from a population that employs no counter-measure

this is epidemiology 101

welcome to polite society, sir!

Rlacey111

Nep status
Feb 14, 2021
but there's no reasonable way for the at-risk to protect from a population that employs no counter-measure

this is epidemiology 101

Are you suggesting that, the experimental medicinal product they are injecting people with, the masks, and staying home aren't productive countermeasures?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

My smartphone has made me dumber, what can I say? I never could spell to begin with, truth be told. I think you, you are smart enough to understand my question
You used the term more than once. That was why I thought it was intentional and prompted my question.

I don't spell good neither

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

this is epidemiology 101

If lockdowns are reasonable for the non-at-risk, they complete isolation is reasonable for the at-risk