Vaccine Passports. Constitutional or Not?

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Maybe if America wasn‘t such a sh!t-hole country, other countries wouldn‘t require vaccine passports.

Aren’t the erBB isolationists fully in favor of other countries’ sovereignty and don’t you respect their immigration laws?

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Maybe if America wasn‘t such a sh!t-hole country, other countries wouldn‘t require vaccine passports.

Aren’t the erBB isolationists fully in favor of other countries’ sovereignty and don’t you respect their immigration laws?
This isn't about travel to other countries. This issue is for freedom within this country for its own citizens.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
most of our infections initially came from Europe, and then the vast majority came from within the United States.

You can’t blame other countries for our failure to respond properly.
Again, you were blaming infection rates in other countries on the US, when many of them got infected directly by China. Dishonesty much? :trout:

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
While Vaccine passports will not become a thing - the idea could be implemented without anyone really even noticing.

As you show your license when getting a vaccine it would be pretty simple to just update the information associated w/your license to include a vaccine boolean

Reactions: hal9000

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
The US is very behind on integrating this kind of technology. It'll be a long time before that happens.

Is it though? You can currently scan a license to validate it's authenticity - the data is already there. This would just be adding a field to a table, not complicated at all.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Is it though? You can currently scan a license to validate it's authenticity - the data is already there. This would just be adding a field to a table, not complicated at all.
I mean the rate with which our governments (local to federal) in America are building whatever infrastructure is needed to have one computer communicate with another is slow going. Yes, adding a field is easy. Adding a table is easy. Making a database is easy.

Getting the data from CDC to DMV, not so much.

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
I mean the rate with which our governments (local to federal) in America are building whatever infrastructure is needed to have one computer communicate with another is slow going. Yes, adding a field is easy. Adding a table is easy. Making a database is easy.

Getting the data from CDC to DMV, not so much.

interagency roadblocks - this i can agree with

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
no, I’m blaming the high infection rate within the US on our failed leadership.

you continue to feel the need for someone else to blame.
Yes, I primarily blame the country where this virus originated that failed to contain it in the first place.

Otherwise I'm fine with putting a significant amount of the blame, on Trump, however I don't see how a Democrat POTUS would've done much better. 2 of the worst states (CA and NY) have Dem governors.

Reactions: npsp

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
Yes, I primarily blame the country where this virus originated that failed to contain it in the first place.

Otherwise I'm fine with putting a significant amount of the blame, on Trump, however I don't see how a Democrat POTUS would've done much better. 2 of the worst states (CA and NY) have Dem governors.
A few obvious ways: Taking the issue seriously and acting early on instead of praying it will vanish. Nationwide mask mandates. And, more importantly, ceasing the bullshit and gaslighting that lead to millions of conservative morons not taking the pandemic seriously.