Vaccine Passports. Constitutional or Not?

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
The unvaxxed argument seems to be: "you got your vaccine, you're protected, why are you worrying about me? Leave me alone."

But the unvaxxed getting sick and intubated and dying affects our healthcare system and hospitals and everyone/anyone that may need that hospital bed.

If we could guarantee that if/when sick, the unvaxxed would just suffer and/or die quietly at home, maybe we could skip all the lockdowns.

Not fair?

Reactions: afoaf

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
The unvaxxed argument seems to be: "you got your vaccine, you're protected, why are you worrying about me? Leave me alone."

But the unvaxxed getting sick and intubated and dying affects our healthcare system and hospitals and everyone/anyone that may need that hospital bed.

If we could guarantee that if/when sick, the unvaxxed would just suffer and/or die quietly at home, maybe we could skip all the lockdowns.

Not fair?
Yeah, the nurses are so busy they can't be bothered to do their jobs

Once again, look at the ACTUAL numbers

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
I think your take on nursing is skewed by the amount of internet you ingest.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
This really stuck in your craw, huh? Seems kinda petty.
Petty? We destroyed the economy, radically hurt society, and catastrophically failed our children socially and educationally so the hospitals wouldn't be overwhelmed. And the definition of "overwhelmed" was not patients being treated in hallways or overflowing rooms, but nurses and doctors not being overworked in a way they couldn't provide the same service they are on a normal day

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
I am all in favor of vaccine passports. They do bring up an interesting point, though...

Does a business have the right to not do business with somebody for any reason? If I own a business can I not serve you because you are not wearing a shirt, or if you are wearing a MAGA hat, or if you have not been vaccinated, or if you have been vacinated, or if you are an asshole, or if you are white, or if you are brown, or if you are gay, or if you are a nazi, or for any reason whatsoever? Interesting legal arguments still being worked out.

Reactions: Rlacey111

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I am all in favor of vaccine passports. They do bring up an interesting point, though...

Does a business have the right to not do business with somebody for any reason? If I own a business can I not serve you because you are not wearing a shirt, or if you are wearing a MAGA hat, or if you have not been vaccinated, or if you have been vacinated, or if you are an asshole, or if you are white, or if you are brown, or if you are gay, or if you are a nazi, or for any reason whatsoever? Interesting legal arguments still being worked out.
It depends on whether you are part of a special class or not.

Discriminating against those the Left deems evil/bad/Unclean is A-OK

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
It depends on whether you are part of a special class or not.

Discriminating against those the Left deems evil/bad/Unclean is A-OK
Must be a bummer to have to drink from the unclean water fountains.

Maybe it can be part of a future CRT course. :trout:

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA

Does a business have the right to not do business with somebody for any reason?
Protected classes, no. Unvaxxed, yes.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
It sounds like insurance companies may begin to increase insurance costs for the unvaxxed. Makes sense.

What about no hospital admittance or ambulance rides for the unvaxxed? If you're going to opt out of western medicine solutions, opt all the way out.
holy fk gromsdad is going to LOSE HIS THIRTEEN DOLLARSZZZZ

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
If you are worried about dying, where a mask.
There a mask.

So fucking stupid.
Whereing a mask does nothing if you're the only one whereing it. Letting business decide is the worst possible strategy to stop the spread.

This is from the person who feels "shortchanged" because he got vaxxed and now has to wear a mask but simultaneously doesn't care if people get vaccinated or not. Still can't see the connection? :roflmao:

Cause and effect is not your strong suit.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
There a mask.

So fucking stupid.
Whereing a mask does nothing if you're the only one whereing it. Letting business decide is the worst possible strategy to stop the spread.

This is from the person who feels "shortchanged" because he got vaxxed and now has to wear a mask but simultaneously doesn't care if people get vaccinated or not. Still can't see the connection? :roflmao:
If the vaccine doesn’t prevent you from getting sick or transmitting it, then it really serves no purpose for stopping the spread of the virus. All it does is make someone less likely to be hospitalized. It’s a farce and bill of foods that the public was sold.

You take a risk every day that you step outside your front door. If you are that worried, stay the fook home and let the rest of us get on with our lives. We have asks and delivery services for people like you.

Cause and effect is not your strong suit.
says the guy who said that aging is the cause of obesity :roflmao:

and that there are foods that exist that cause weight gain in a caloric deficit :roflmao: If there are, please tell the UN because those foods could be quite useful for solving hunger crises around the world :beer: