Vaccine Passports. Constitutional or Not?

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
I guess we're going unconstitutional

article

Hawaii Lt. Gov. Josh Green said the state hopes to begin a vaccine passport program for inter-island travel, which would allow travelers with verified vaccines to bypass COVID-19 testing or mandatory quarantine, by May 1.

Green said this morning on Spotlight Hawaii that if all goes well, the state hopes to extend the program to trans-pacific travel by June 1.

Green said Hawaii is on track reach a milestone of one million vaccines delivered this week, with vaccines available to all adults on April 19.

He expects the state to reach herd immunity by this summer.
/QUOTE]

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I just lost 12 pounds in 3 weeks.

We are so wired not to do self imposed calorie restriction.

It's good for building self efficacy for sure.

And when you eat, you get such a sense of well being.

Food is like cocaine.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
Why not just lose weight rather than add another layer of complexity and restrictions to your lives?
View attachment 107809
Looking at the stats its easier said than done

Obesity in America
  • 1 out of every 3 U.S. adults is obese. (Harvard, 2020)
  • Non-Hispanic black women experience the highest rates of obesity in America at 59%. (Harvard, 2020)
  • Obesity rates are higher for Hispanic, Mexican American, and non-Hispanic black populations than they are for Caucasians. (Harvard, 2020)
  • The South and the Midwest have the highest obesity prevalence. (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2019)
  • All U.S. states and territories have an obesity rate of at least 20%. (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2019)
Obesity statistics by sex
  • Overall, adult obesity rates are higher for women. (National Center for Health Statistics, 2013-2014)
  • 4 out of 5 African-American women are overweight or obese. (Office of Minority Health, 2018)
  • 3 out of 4 Latina or Hispanic women are overweight or obese. (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2018)
  • Obesity rates for men are highest for middle-income groups. (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020)
  • Obesity rates for non-Hispanic white, non-Hispanic Asian, and Hispanic women are highest for lowest-income groups. (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 2020)
Obesity statistics by age
  • In the U.S., obesity is more prevalent among adults than youths. (National Center for Health Statistics, 2015-2016)
  • Childhood obesity is rising globally, with 43 million overweight and obese children under the age of 5 (Harvard, 2010).
  • 1 in 6 children ages 2 to 19 are obese (National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2013-2014).
  • Obesity is more prevalent among 6- to 19-year-olds than in 2- to 5-year-olds. (National Center for Health Statistics, 2015-2016)

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Looking at the stats its easier said than done
But you're all about doing hard things for the good of the community, right? What good will it do to take this easy way out and still have everyone be susceptible to the biggest killer in the US: heart disease? Also, won't failing to take the long view leave us susceptible to the next virus that comes along? If we're in a new era of biotech with these mRNA technologies, isn't it now easier to tamper with viruses themselves? Viral tampering is probably why we have this Wuhan virus in the first place.

Fat loss is not hard, btw. It's a matter of cooking your own food and shopping on the outside edges of the grocery stores where the whole foods are. My wife is a dietitian who coaches people on fat loss through telemedicine. Not even the most persistent and stubborn cases of obesity can withstand conscientious, mild calorie restriction.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
What good will it do to take this easy way out and still have everyone be susceptible to the biggest killer in the US: heart disease?
Maybe instead of issuing an emergency use authorization for mRNA technology the FDA should have rescinded their approval of partially hydrogenated vegetable oils. That sh!t is truly not fit for human consumption.

Reactions: npsp and PRCD

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
I guess we're going unconstitutional

article
All because of the flu....with no proof of contagious pathogen....and a test that is worthless...we became a slave to medical tyranny.....

We know how it began....but how will it end?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Maybe instead of issuing an emergency use authorization for mRNA technology the FDA should have rescinded their approval of partially hydrogenated vegetable oils. That sh!t is truly not fit for human consumption.
I'm pretty surprised that the mRNA vaccines, which are a new technology fraught with unknown risks as I've documented above, are being pushed as the ONLY solution to the pandemic rather than A solution for only the most-vulnerable. I could see getting one if I was in a high-risk category, but not otherwise since the risks from the virus itself are very low. The couple across teh street got COVID (verified through tests) then went and got one of the mRNA vaccines and had a stronger reaction to the second shot than they had to the virus itself. I initially thought that the Johnson and Johnson vaccine was probably the safest, but this just in. As for AstraZeneca's product, here's how it started:
Hotez said AstraZeneca has shown a lack of transparency on several issues.
"It's really unfortunate what they're doing," said Hotez, who is also developing a vaccine against Covid-19. "There needs to be transparency. This is just not acceptable."
Hotez's vaccine is not yet in human trials and has not received funding from Operation Warp Speed.
and here's how it appears to be going, ass-uming AstraZeneca's is the most-used in the UK:
Nevertheless, what I am currently struggling with is the failure to report the reality of the morbidity caused by our current vaccination program within the health service and staff population. The levels of sickness after vaccination is unprecedented and staff are getting very sick and some with neurological symptoms which is having a huge impact on the health service function. Even the young and healthy are off for days, some for weeks, and some requiring medical treatment. Whole teams are being taken out as they went to get vaccinated together.
Why are vaccines the ONLY solution? Ivermectin did very well in trials, why isn't it being promoted as well? Where is our national fat-loss campaign? Why did we lock-down everyone which only made everyone fatter rather than quarantine only the sick?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
How is big pharma gonna turn a profit on that?
:roflmao:
Speaking of profits, how many of the R&D costs of these vaccines did BigPharma recoup from governments? If the answer is, "All," then the vaccines are infinitely profitable (divide by zero). If "most" then the vaccines are the most-profitable product in their portfolios.

Reactions: crustBrother

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
I initially thought that the Johnson and Johnson vaccine was probably the safest, but this just in.
I still think it is the safest. We have literally DECADES worth of data on the long-term side effects of adenovirus vaccines. For mRNA, I think this is all we have - 100 people in Germany from 2013 to 2016 - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/28754494/

The Chinese and the Russians are both making much better, data-driven, empirical (aka SCIENCE!) decisions than the Americans when it comes to COVID vaccine technologies.

• Love
Reactions: PRCD

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
I had to get meningitis vaccine to attend classes on campus in college
Pretty much the same chit
if you wanna fly international at least they are gonna require it.
Don't certain countries require malaria, dengue fever, etc vaccines or meds before entering?
Is that "recommended" or screw you take da drugs or die in the jungle?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I had to get meningitis vaccine to attend classes on campus in college
Pretty much the same chit
if you wanna fly international at least they are gonna require it.
Don't certain countries require malaria, dengue fever, etc vaccines or meds before entering?
Is that "recommended" or screw you take da drugs or die in the jungle?
Powerfully dumb comment. Are you even reading this thread (no)?

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
You're into the bill gates conpsiracies man lol im not touchin it.
Dude has saved more lives than most super wealthy.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Speaking of profits, how many of the R&D costs of these vaccines did BigPharma recoup from governments? If the answer is, "All," then the vaccines are infinitely profitable (divide by zero). If "most" then the vaccines are the most-profitable product in their portfolios.
My guess is that the billions in R&D grants from the first stimulus bill had some contingencies related to price, or at the very least guaranteed supply. I'd be curious to know what Anthem paid for my shots.

Fat loss is not hard, btw. It's a matter of cooking your own food and shopping on the outside edges of the grocery stores where the whole foods are. My wife is a dietitian who coaches people on fat loss through telemedicine. Not even the most persistent and stubborn cases of obesity can withstand conscientious, mild calorie restriction.
^^^^^ it's the literal elephant in the room that nobody wants to talk about. Obesity is now considered to be some unchangeable characteristic that you are born with on par with gender, height, skin color, etc. The PC crowd is actually doing a disservice by framing it this way because it disempowers people by convincing them that they are stuck that way.

I have a neighbor who complains about her obesity and how she doesn't have time to pack a lunch. Meanwhile I see her unloading cases of soda, snacks and sweets from the back of the car. Obesity is cultural, which is a big part of what makes it so difficult to tackle.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
"Obesity is cultural, which is a big part of what makes it so difficult to tackle. " I was going to disagree with you...
Then I remembered that I drank Dr. Pepper almost exclusively for years as a kid until around 21?
Yeah I knew soda wasn't as good as water, and to brush my teeth a bit more, but I wasn't aware of how many fookin calories and sugar was in it. Everyone just pounded soda as kids, now my teeth are bad.,
Drink almost all water now and cant believe how ignorant I was.

edit I guess this how people felt about smoking back in da day, "yea its not great but how bad could it be..." "Oh man"

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
"Obesity is cultural, which is a big part of what makes it so difficult to tackle. " I was going to disagree with you...
Then I remembered that I drank Dr. Pepper almost exclusively for years as a kid until around 21?
Yeah I knew soda wasn't as good as water, and to brush my teeth a bit more, but I wasn't aware of how many fookin calories and sugar was in it. Everyone just pounded soda as kids, now my teeth are bad.,
Drink almost all water now and cant believe how ignorant I was.

edit I guess this how people felt about smoking back in da day, "yea its not great but how bad could it be..." "Oh man"
Agreed. I grew up with Cokes in the fridge. Would grab a 44 oz big gulp for the road when I started driving. Now I rarely drink it.

Reactions: Waterlogged05

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
First two weeks of calorie restriction are tough.

Then you just get used to it.

I can't loose weight by being sensible and moderate.

Who in the Bible said, "You are lukewarm! I spit you out!"

For me, dieting is a campane.

Reactions: Waterlogged05