This is about to get worse

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
We have & do all that for the flu & still we can have 60,000 deaths.
Is this acceptable?

I cant wait to see how many die when we have covid 19 under control

My point is we've had flu vaccines forever & it's still not fool proof, people die
Virus' mutate
I hope the covid vaccine is more successful than the flu vaccine
One more time, it's not about the number.

It's about using every tool available to prevent the spread.

We are doing everything to prevent the flu and we are doing everything to prevent COVID.

They're just different tools because we don't have the vaccine or tests for COVID yet.

Would you stop wearing seatbelts because more people die from heart attacks?

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
No, it would not.
Boeing doing nothing about faulty planes after the first crash and after the second crash, is exactly the same as allowing COVID to spread by opening the country.

Knowingly endangering people is not done in WESTERN KULTUR

I guess doing it for money makes it okay?

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
I figure the govt already has access to all phone data

if someone tests positive, you should be able to track everyone they have contact with assuming they carry their phone everywhere they go

the only question is do we want to pull the trigger on this

It would be cool if our govt would treat us like adults, lay the options out and put it to a vote in congress
good god no

time for another bourbon, but this time you need to have your wife slap you instead of doing it yourself

• Haha
Reactions: FecalFace

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
This

A catastrophic failure of a constitutionally designated function of government.
"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

> a bag of hammers !! )

=======================================================================================

< a bag of hammers !! )
:)

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

> a bag of hammers !! )

=======================================================================================

< a bag of hammers !! )
:)
Was just going to comment that South Korea and the US both had their first confirmed cases on the same day = 1/20/2020. Response here deny, deflect, blame, then admit.

And a lot of talk about "China should have told us sooner" well certainly seems like they did and the message that was delivered on Jan. 24th at the classified briefing made it clear to Kelly Loeffler & Richard Burr [yes Feinstein and Inhofe too] that this was going to be bad. But the administration squelched the message to the public.

Also, can't help but note Trump wants to be #1 in everything, he got his wish here and of course he's not going to wear a mask, the point being a mask is apparently to protect others around you, so an act of altruism, maybe if he was paid?

Plus, in all honesty he has been wearing a mask most of his life.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Was just going to comment that South Korea and the US both had their first confirmed cases on the same day = 1/20/2020. Response here deny, deflect, blame, then admit.

And a lot of talk about "China should have told us sooner" well certainly seems like they did and the message that was delivered on Jan. 24th at the classified briefing made it clear to Kelly Loeffler & Richard Burr [yes Feinstein and Inhofe too] that this was going to be bad. But the administration squelched the message to the public.

Also, can't help but note Trump wants to be #1 in everything, he got his wish here and of course he's not going to wear a mask, the point being a mask is apparently to protect others around you, so an act of altruism, maybe if he was paid?

Plus, in all honesty he has been wearing a mask most of his life.
South Korea had a plan due to their experiences with SARS and MERS.

You don't develop a plan for something like this in a month or two.

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
first ignored for 3 years and gutted and then fired as the virus was developing in Wuhan. Lead by Bolton. If they were so inept their political superiors should be held responsible. That is part of their job.
Ignored for 3 years?

They were around a lot longer than 3 years.

What were they doing all that time? Getting paid just show up?

The fact they never even developed a system of contact tracing says it all.

Probably deserves and investigation.

You'er an idiot.

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
South Korea had a plan due to their experiences with SARS and MERS.

You don't develop a plan for something like this in a month or two.
Well you certainly don't deny/lie to the public, downplay the reality, only to come up for air and finally act, or blame.
-I mean he did know it was a pandemic, before he even knew it was a pandemic

Azar's called this out a year ago.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Since you are a current pandemic expert here this is what they came up with it in 09. They update it every year but it stays relatively the same. So 2020? They are largely an advisory committee. Something you should know well, if people are not listening to you your words, a lot of your work has no meaning.

It seems kinda complicated for a bunch of lazy clerks working in a chaotic environment but maybe you can highlight where they failed since your hindsight now knows best.

Reactions: FecalFace

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
based on what i read this week, we are going to be dealing with the virus until:

herd immunity; or

a vaccine

that's a 1.5 to 2+ year time frame

yes, antibody testing may allow some to reintegrate but the problem is enforcement as i am sure many will cheat and reintegrate when they should not. we also do not know how long antibody protection will last.

i foresee a situation where politicians have to choose between prolonged isolation leading to societal collapse vs. reintegration leading to more virus infection and deaths.

the politicians will choose the later and when the ICU cases spike we will return to isolation. we may swing back and forth from isolation to reintegration based on ICU statistics. that process can last for a long time.

the really hard issue will be schools. I will not be surprised if schools reopen in the fall but it will be a mistake IMO. way too early.

that is where parents get to make what may be one the most important decisions they ever make in their lives. unless your entire family can test out for antibodies you are straight up putting a gun to your head (and the head of everyone else in your household) and playing russian roulette as little bobby or suzy may bring that virus into your house and kill both parents to leave bobby and suzy parentless.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
It's not a kid's disease.

It's killing old fat males.

Like myself.

But it didn't kill me.

It tried.

But my retard power saved me.

Ha!

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
The data tell us that about 50% of people who acquire the infection develop either no symptoms at all or very mild symptoms to the point that they don’t even know they have it.

Among the other 50%, the estimates are that about 30% develop overt symptoms from mild to moderate.

The last 20% are the ones that develop severe symptoms, and those are the ones that are ending up in the hospital.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I figure the govt already has access to all phone data

if someone tests positive, you should be able to track everyone they have contact with assuming they carry their phone everywhere they go

the only question is do we want to pull the trigger on this

It would be cool if our govt would treat us like adults, lay the options out and put it to a vote in congress
This shouldn't even be considered, let alone put to a vote

Reactions: the janitor

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
The majority of the planet is in the first weeks of this.

The majority of the planet has no immunity.

I hope you are right, but science says you are wrong.
This isn't science. WHat's the opposite of science, because that's what this is.

The Murray model is the default model used to drive public policy. It has been wrong to a level that suggests nothing but ineptitude.

Hospital beds open vs hospital beds needed is a leading indicator. This number is trending down.Look at the predictions for Florida vs what is really happening.

Death is a lagging indicator. Basing policy on a lagging indicator is not basing it on any acceptable science. It's an emotional response. Is that the opposite of science?

Dr Fauci said he would rather go too far and answer for overreacting later than not go far enough. Can we at least admit that's what we are doing and dispense with the science argument? We can call it the Billy Ocean conundrum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ifallalot

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Because the data looks so bad vs predictions..they want to change the way we count and the media is in a full court press to help this messaging. Unknown cause of death....Covid-19. Previous diagnosis of pneumonia, Covid-19. Insanity.

sirfun

Duke status
Apr 26, 2008
U.S.A.
Because the data looks so bad vs predictions..they want to change the way we count and the media is in a full court press to help this messaging. Unknown cause of death....Covid-19. Previous diagnosis of pneumonia, Covid-19. Insanity.
go ahead and vote for a birther game show host !! )

what could go wrong ?? ) :)