This is about to get worse

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Gnarly. The MedCram.com i saw yesterday had it at 50/50. Did or do you have a fever?

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Gnarly. The MedCram.com i saw yesterday had it at 50/50. Did or do you have a fever?
I did. But it was low. 99.5 A bunch of the time it went into the low 97's. I don't want to be dramatic with this. If it had been up to me I would have just figured this was garden variety flu that was really persistent. I called my Doc because I couldn't sleep. Told him what was going on. He nagged me to get the test. Two phone calls and three texts. If this is it, I got super lucky. I'm actually hoping for a positive at this point. Since I seemed to have lived. If I get a positive, then I probably need another test to make sure I am not shedding the virus/contagious. Then, an antibody test? Then, can you get it again? There's so much they don't know yet.

Reactions: sirfun

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
From NPR

I wonder if the pot bangers at NPR regret not tuning into Cuomo press conference this morning.

These two reporters deserve to have COVID-19 injected right into the center of their assholes.

Reactions: Ifallalot

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
From NPR

The word "comorbidity" appeared nowhere in that article. How many were dying with coronavirus versus how many were dying of it? What about the age of the patients?

NPR is pretty short on facts and large on anecdote. Also, this is pretty bad:
Unfortunately, Osborn says, "the ventilator itself can do damage to the lung tissue based on how much pressure is required to help oxygen get processed by the lungs."
So, on the balance, are the ventilators helpful, harmful, or neutral (ineffective)? First, do no harm?

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Hey, it is what it is or isn't. I'm trying to limit my news exposure to an hour a day. When you have a test pending it kind of sucks to listen to 8 hours of "YOU'RE GOING TO DIE MOTHERFVCKER!" every day. (and yes that was an exaggeration. A small exaggeration, but an exaggeration none the less) Especially now that the Xanax has run out. You guys run with it. I'll let you know if I die. I will haunt the sh!t out of this place. :drowning:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Hey, it is what it is or isn't. I'm trying to limit my news exposure to an hour a day. When you have a test pending it kind of sucks to listen to 8 hours of "YOU'RE GOING TO DIE MOTHERFVCKER!" every day. (and yes that was an exaggeration. A small exaggeration, but an exaggeration none the less) Especially now that the Xanax has run out. You guys run with it. I'll let you know if I die. I will haunt the sh!t out of this place. :drowning:
We're bummed if your test comes back negative. I had the same thing and maybe it was RSV. OTOH, you probably already caught TEH COVID and had a mild case.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
The "we can bend the curve and eliminate the virus" mentality is very similar to the "we can make the people of Afghanistan and Iraq love us and embrace freedom and democracy" mentality.

Similar God complex, based on sketchy hypotheses.