***The Official Mid-Length Thread***

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
Good to see this thread bumped again. :cool:

Went by Hansens a couple weeks ago and they had a few ...Lost Smooth Operators in stock in the 7' range. Their main board Buyer said things are starting to rebound and a lot of their orders are finally coming in, but that many were placed as far back as November and arent expected to be received until this month. Expect to see a lot more boards hitting the racks soon.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Dave started making these around 1995

He was having many glassed at Bill Barnfields shop in Haleiwa
so you're calling Havoc a liar that he was riding them in the early 90's?!
LOL. Just kidding.
The question is: when is the fire sale so I can buy some (more) of @Havoc 's shortboards or fish/stubbies that he no longer has any use for? Are you still holding on to them, or have you truly committed to that ML Life with an all >6'8 x19 3/4" quiver?? Surely you're running out of space with all these big boar additions...

Last edited:

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
LOL. Just kidding.
The question is: when is the fire sale so I can buy some (more) of @Havoc 's shortboards or fish/stubbies that he no longer has any use for? Are you still holding on to them, or have you truly committed to that ML Life with an all >6'8 x19 3/4" quiver?? Surely you're running out of space with all these big boar additions...
keeping some shorter ones. been riding them when its less crowded. my asq has been fun. ml gets boring bc cant shed tiger. all the adult learner covid kooks will never know that tho

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
LOL. Just kidding.
Do I need to post boards from late 1968 ?

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
he’s done unless frenz and family. best surfboars on the planet imho. greg griffin iz like #2 or #3
Just checked if nowtro was still up and its running but no link to contact for custom:shrug: I would think pricey to keep site if he retired.

• Sad
Reactions: vanrysss

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014
Early this year I asked and DP said no due to covid :shaka:
Watermans guild has him listed as one of the shapers .You cant order a board through the guild and dave
Just checked if nowtro was still up and its running but no link to contact for custom:shrug: I would think pricey to keep site if he retired.
Watermans still has him on the shapers page :shrug:

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
Just added a 7'7" x 22&1/2 x 2&3/4" long fish to the quiver. Nice and eco friendly with the exception of the eps blank. Paulownia with cork rails and bio resin. Made by a young local shaper of wooden boards for his own use. Flat rockered and foiled out since he's a lightweight so should be pretty ease to move around since I weigh plenty more than him. Next to a 6'4" for comparison.20210812_163805.jpg20210812_163836.jpg20210812_165058.jpg