***The Official Mid-Length Thread***

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
next time turn the blank around.....
the right way
The Blue Turd is even a professionally shapered board! Spider Murphy himself made it 22 years ago (has his signature on the bottom). The board is a full on banana with the center fin out of the water to the very tip!

Last edited:
Reactions: Havoc

Michael Peterson status
Jul 29, 2015
From the man himself regarding the new eGG shape RustySurfboards.com should be putting up on its site soon. Good Stuff! :shaka:

Rusty Preisendorfer said:
The eGG is something that comes deep from in my roots. I’ve have told this story, but it bears repeating.

My parents had moved to Oahu and I had already spent several months, multiple trips. At the time I was all about Gerry and RB. Down rail gunny things.

I got a job shaping at G+S in early ’72.

I didn’t have my own room, but they were so busy at the time that they had me come in the afternoons to do 4 or 5 boards. The bay I worked in was basically right next to Skip. What a great person! We became friends and I went through a period of everything Skip. Eggs, a quiver of 4oz fins, sanded hot coats, which were uncommon in those days. Skip’s Eggs had their own special vibe. Mine developed a different direction. A little more rocker, especially in the tail. My rails were lower.

This latest offering has some of those elements. More curve in the back third. A touch more in the nose but still low enough to ease the rider into waves earlier. The eGG is a little thinner than would be expected. Helps with the flex. The bottom starts with light release up front, very light vee through the mid, and a double con vee that peaks at about .2 deep in the sweet spot, 24 inches up.

Beginner or advanced, everyone should have a Fun board in their quiver, even if it’s your first custom board.

Built for pure fun.
1614634734017.png

Last edited:

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009
Had some wild slides yesterday, but then my friend wanted to have a go at The Kraken.
I told him the board was nosedivey, and he wrestled the abomination to the ground!

1615667289607.png

Second time in two months it has snapped. Gluing it back together now :)

Last edited:

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
hey duus, any midlength traction padz out there?

dakien used to make a bigfoot traction pad that was dank

couldn't find any midlength frenly pads

usually need a flat traction pad with melloow kick and then piece together a longer length with a bongboard (dank) pad

can't find any bonboard padz in stock or any decently wide flat padz.

• Wow
Reactions: oeste858

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W

usually need a flat traction pad with melloow kick and then piece together a longer length with a bongboard (dank) pad

erBB braintrust consensus is- no pads on mid lengths. :shameonyou:

sushipop

Miki Dora status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

No flat I like leverage on back foot specially for twin but recently used a astro deck "barney" pad on midlength stinger twin.

Reactions: Havoc

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
I've got a Nautty, I fucking love the thing. It's got just enough rocker to make it useful but it's still fast and goes on the rails. I've got a 6'6'' and am even thinking about getting a 7.

What about your Peahi?

I've considered getting one. Do you think (know) that it would function OK in average surf, or is it so rockered/foiled out that it only works when it's juicy?

Tell me more about your Nautilus. Did you try a longer one? What's the low/hi end on them?

Cheers