*** The Official Celebrity Sightings Thread***

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Then you met surffuerte's wife because he said she was in the movie :)
Doubt she made the Hawaii after party.

She was an extra, the bar maiden in the scene where Aaanold and Gerry just robbed JEJ castle and killed his pet snake. Right when Aaaanold passes out into his soup bowl, that's my cookie! Then immediately after, her sister and her do a double take upon entry of the bad guys and run out of the room. They were going to get a speaking role in the later filming in Almeria, but her mother put a quash to that cause her grades were not so good.

They were in it because my father inlaw was friends with Dino D'Laurentis.

Speaking of famous folks, father in law was 3 times world champion shooting pigeons, back before skeet was a thing.

:waving::shaka:

Reactions: Chocki

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Jeff Bridges and his wife were in for dinner last night. Nobody recognized him but me, not even any of the tourists or working staff. I told one the waitresses and she said “Jeff who”. I dropped water at their table and just said, ” if I may be bold, I really liked you in the Big Lebowski, but True Grit, was your forte”. His wife laughed and said, “ I told you someone would recognize you” and they both chuckled.
Both were very accommodating and nice and said goodbye as they left. He had a full salt and pepper beard, baggy green pants, sandals and a baggy shirt. Nobody recognized him.
Perhaps a difference in time and era, He was also nominated for an Oscar in Thunderbolt and Lightfoot, Starman, True Grit, The Fabulous Baker Boys and more.
He won Best Actor in Crazy Heart.,
I liked him in Last American Hero

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
Doubt she made the Hawaii after party.

She was an extra, the bar maiden in the scene where Aaanold and Gerry just robbed JEJ castle and killed his pet snake. Right when Aaaanold passes out into his soup bowl, that's my cookie! Then immediately after, her sister and her do a double take upon entry of the bad guys and run out of the room. They were going to get a speaking role in the later filming in Almeria, but her mother put a quash to that cause her grades were not so good.

They were in it because my father inlaw was friends with Dino D'Laurentis.

Speaking of famous folks, father in law was 3 times world champion shooting pigeons, back before skeet was a thing.

:waving::shaka:

• Love
Reactions: SurfFuerteventura

San Gabriel Valley local

Michael Peterson status
Nov 14, 2002
San Gabriel Valley, CA
Today I had my second Ron Perlman sighting, he was sitting in his car by himself in the parking lot of our local wine shop smoking a cigar, backed into the parking spot (for a quick getaway in case anyone recognized him?). He joins the exclusive two-time celebrity sighting club whose members include Chris Isaak, Tracy Chapman, Flea, Scott Speedman, Geoffrey Arend and John C. Reilly... and Daphne Zuniga who I forgot to mention in my earlier list!

I made a list recently, with locations, mostly LA area, some of these go back to the '70s lol:

Ed Begley, Jr (Larchmont)
Richard Mulligan (Larchmont)
Robert Guillaume (Larchmont)
David Soul (Larchmont)
Ernest Borgnine (Larchmont)
Mellissa Sue Anderson (Larchmont)
Leif Garrett (Buckley)
Muhammad Ali (Larchmont)
Bill Walton (UCLA track meet)
OJ Simpson (DHHS)
Harvey Korman (Sheraton Kauai)
Arnold Schwarzenegger (filming Junior in SF)
Danny Devito (filming Junior in SF)
Chris Isaak (22nd and Irving post office SF, Palmilla Cabo San Lucas, OBSF)
Geraldo Rivera (Burbank airport)
Gabrielle Carteris (Southwest)
Tracy Chapman (Hamano sushi Noe Valley, Stonestown mall SF)
Marlee Matlin (La Jolla Farms)
Robert Uhrich (Teru Sushi)
Isabelle Allende (Sausalito)
Flea (Leo Carrillo State Beach, Griffith Park)
Anthony Keidis (DTLA)
Scott Speedman (LAX, SPHS)
Keri Russell (LAX)
David Duchovny (Santa Barbara zoo)
Randolph Mantooth (SPFD station)
Rick Dees (Old Pasadena)
Lisa Rinna (Pasadena civic center)
Harry Hamlin (Pasadena Civic center)
Hulk Hogan (LAX)
Carson Daly (Griffith Park)
Rod Stewart (Providence)
Rihanna (Girgio Baldi)
Nate Parker (SPMS)
Geoffrey Arend (Wiltern, Largo)
Christina Hendricks (Largo)
Lesley Stahl (Old Pasadena)
Henry Winkler (Grand Central Market)
Jon Favreau (LA Zoo)
Brandon Cruz (LA Zoo)
Robert Romanus (Watercress)
Joe Montana (MB)
Ron Perlman (Pasadena)
John C Reilly (Lacy Park, DTLA)
Steve-O (Old Pasadena)
Ziggy Marley (Snooze Del Mar)
James van der Beek (Katsuya)
Wilmer Valderama (Ventura Blvd parking garage)
Jay Leno (Victory Blvd)
Jason Siegel (South Pasadena)

Last edited:
Reactions: averagejoe

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
My best celebrity story is the one that didn’t happen. My art department bro Shady Wade wanted to set me up with some friend of his Mexican(they got “married“ on a beach there) wife. Never ended up happening but if it did I’d have been dating this dude’s lady while they were separated or something.
1677421793544.jpeg

Matilija

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 27, 2010
It’s not a sighting but I’ll leave this here…many, many moons ago at a winery that will remain nameless, after spending way too much time unsupervised in the cellar with dip sticks sampling all of the wines, a buddy and I decided it would be a good idea to dangle our dicks and balls in a couple of casks of Steven Seagal’s private wine. Juvenile, yes. But we still laugh our asses off about it to this day.

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
Have worked for a few pretty famous people...installed a bunch of cabinetry in Holly Hunters apt a decade ago. She was odd, super small, loud and kind of coarse. She would sneak up on you and basically yell "how the fuck is it going". The first few times were funny but it lost its charm real quick. We all ended up humming the Raising Arizona theme song whenver we spotted her coming. Worked on the crew that built Tracy Chapmans house in half moon bay in the late 90's. Saw her every Tuesday for a few years, she was not very pleasant but it was a cool house and on clear days you could hear mavs if it was breaking.

Reactions: keenfish

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
That neighborhood is shaping up to be an architecture lovers delight. As an architectural preservationist, I like that they saved the old May Co. building. I have memories of my mom parking on Wishire and leaving us in the car while she went shopping. We lived in the Leimert Park area. Different times. Now if they would only restore and make operational the diner across the street.

View attachment 144864

That looks like San Jose City Hall

Across the street, the Peterson Automotive Museum-

View attachment 144860

RIP Biggie

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I've been around most "surf celebs" many a time. Too many to bother breaking down. But Russ K saying he could blackmail me with the footage he took of me making out with some Italian broad on the dance floor was pretty classic.

Rounding a corner of the aisle in the local Albertson's with my dad and almost running into David Nu'uhiwa was one of the earliest "celeb" memories and prior to thinking it was cool to be too cool. It was when he had some beer commercials (Coors Light maybe?) running on TV and I think he was spending a lot of time or even living in Oceanside. My dad was hyped. I was kinda starstruck. That and running into Lisa Anderson in the water at Church the while I was writing a report about her in class.

I love Tony Gwynn but he was not particularly nice to a tongue tied Dobbalina.

Junior Seau

I saw Michael Madsen at the airport

Pam Anderson was hanging at a surf comp I was at as well.

I saw Pre Succession Kieren Caulkin in a shitty bar next to Les Halles in NYC in the middle of the day.

I'm trying to think of more, but I usually don't bother celebs in public.

One of the late night hosts was filming outside 30 Rock while I was there.

Fun fact, my wife used to party with the brother in law and sister of the dude on trial for killing Bob Lee.

Last edited: