*** The Official Celebrity Sightings Thread***

Pico

Duke status
Aug 20, 2010
SUP Nation
Met Hilary Swank She was really wonderful. A National Tragedy had just occurred and she was really positive and emanated love and encouragement. I needed it.

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
harry nilsson in a limo with keith moon and john lennon. i was 9.
You gotta watch the Laurel Canyon series on YouTube, some really interesting inside $hit.
Anybody who was anybody back then is covered and the host actually does a lot of the documentary in front of the stars past/or present homes.
I like the story of how John Lennon got kicked out of the Trubador, I think Harry Nilsson and Peter Lawford, along with a few other notables was with him at the time and JL was heckling the Smothers Brothers drunk out of his mind..
It actually got ugly.
Check it out.

Reactions: john4surf

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Holy sh!t, there’s name dropping
And then there’s Keith moon and John Lennon name dripping
Holy fuck, that’s pretty fucking amazing
When McQueen and MacGraw lived in the Broad Beach area of Malibu, Keith Moon was briefly his neighbor. Moon had security lights installed on his parcel, one light shone into the McQueen bedroom. Despite repeated requests to remove or re-aim the light, Moon ignored the requests. Someone shot the light out with a 12 gauge one night. Then there’s the story of Moon shoving McQueen’s son Chad around (Moon was reportedly drunk). Lawyers got involved. Moon left Malibu soon afterwards. Good call. Tomorrow would be McQueen’s 94th birthday (he died in 1980 at 50 years from plural mesothelioma). I spent the day with him and Ali on his birthday in 1972 while filming The Getaway in San Marcos, TX. Great memories. John

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
When McQueen and MacGraw lived in the Broad Beach area of Malibu, Keith Moon was briefly his neighbor. Moon had security lights installed on his parcel, one light shone into the McQueen bedroom. Despite repeated requests to remove or re-aim the light, Moon ignored the requests. Someone shot the light out with a 12 gauge one night. Then there’s the story of Moon shoving McQueen’s son Chad around (Moon was reportedly drunk). Lawyers got involved. Moon left Malibu soon afterwards. Good call. Tomorrow would be McQueen’s 94th birthday (he died in 1980 at 50 years from plural mesothelioma). I spent the day with him and Ali on his birthday in 1972 while filming The Getaway in San Marcos, TX. Great memories. John
Solid stories right there.
I was in high school when McQueen and Moon lived next door to each other.
My GF's parents had a place down the road closer to the yacht club and we spent a lot of summer vacation there.
She was friends with Chad M. and we would often hang out on the beach below his house.
One afternoon Keith was absolutely blasting his stereo and Steve came out and yelled at him to turn that $hit down (he didn't).
This went on 3-4 more times when suddenly a HUGE speaker came crashing down on the beach and another a few seconds later with Kieth out on the balcony screaming at Steve.
Good times indeed.

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
Solid stories right there.
I was in high school when McQueen and Moon lived next door to each other.
My GF's parents had a place down the road closer to the yacht club and we spent a lot of summer vacation there.
She was friends with Chad M. and we would often hang out on the beach below his house.
One afternoon Keith was absolutely blasting his stereo and Steve came out and yelled at him to turn that $hit down (he didn't).
This went on 3-4 more times when suddenly a HUGE speaker came crashing down on the beach and another a few seconds later with Kieth out on the balcony screaming at Steve.
Good times indeed.
Today would have been McQueen’s 94th birthday. Here’s a photo of Steve threatening to **** out all the candles on a cake MacGraw had the commissary make for Steve during the filming of The Getaway in San Marcos, TX, 1972; Sam Peckinpaugh in dark glasses on Steve’s left.IMG_2634.jpegIMG_2667.jpegIMG_2635.jpegIMG_0068.jpeg

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
That neighborhood is shaping up to be an architecture lovers delight. As an architectural preservationist, I like that they saved the old May Co. building. I have memories of my mom parking on Wishire and leaving us in the car while she went shopping. We lived in the Leimert Park area. Different times. Now if they would only restore and make operational the diner across the street.

Across the street, the Peterson Automotive Museum-

View attachment 144860
Went to a birthday party at the Petersen Automotive Museum last year (first visit). All the multi-million dollar cars pretty much kept me awake all night wondering…. If you’re too IMG_0649.jpegscared to drive your car on the streets you simply garage it at the Petersen’s!

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
got on an elevator in NYC and there was RMNixon...shorter than Joey Buran.
I got on the elevator at the Westwood Marquis in the 1970s when I was doing a protection project for a Saudi. On steps Jane Fonda. Just me, Jane and my CCW. At the time, I decided I should not carry any longer and never renewed the license after that elevator ride and the evil thoughts that went through my brain at the time.

• Wow
Reactions: expotatonator

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
I got on the elevator at the Westwood Marquis in the 1970s when I was doing a protection project for a Saudi. On steps Jane Fonda. Just me, Jane and my CCW. At the time, I decided I should not carry any longer and never renewed the license after that elevator ride and the evil thoughts that went through my brain at the time.
i pissed on her at a VFW post one time a few years back

Last edited:
  • Haha

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
#ohhellYEAH !!! :cheers:

bonzer5fin

Duke status
May 9, 2006
your mom
You gotta watch the Laurel Canyon series on YouTube, some really interesting inside $hit.
Anybody who was anybody back then is covered and the host actually does a lot of the documentary in front of the stars past/or present homes.
I like the story of how John Lennon got kicked out of the Trubador, I think Harry Nilsson and Peter Lawford, along with a few other notables was with him at the time and JL was heckling the Smothers Brothers drunk out of his mind..
It actually got ugly.
Check it out.
my mom was with them that night. they were all wearing sanitary napkins on their heads.

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
^^According to the documentary, John had lost his glasses and couldn't see $hit and punched some strange chick in the face.
She sued and ended up getting some cash in a settlement.^^