The Atlantic is a joke

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
YMMV but if I still have to present a negative Covid test to return to the US next summer, I'm voting for DeSantis because that's the closest I can come to saying F__K YOU to the Biden Administration by enforcing electoral consequences, and I don't care if he wants to serve grilled manatee and holy water for public school lunch.
That's how Trump got elected. People were so pissed off at <libs/elites/academics/Hillary/whatever> that they justified voting in someone they knew deep down inside was going to be horrifically bad for the country.

Of course the Dems shot off their own dicks by nominating the most hated woman in America, so they did their part too.

Reactions: grapedrink

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
That's how Trump got elected. People were so pissed off at <libs/elites/academics/Hillary/whatever> that they justified voting in someone they knew deep down inside was going to be horrifically bad for the country.

Of course the Dems shot off their own dicks by nominating the most hated woman in America, so they did their part too.
I didn't want to risk not making my flight back so I went and got the test the night before. The line the next morning for testing looked like 0 fun.

Between the test and cab fare to/from the airport, it was like $100 and 3 hours, and it really took a giant fucking sh!t on the last day of my trip.

All so I had a sheet of paper that said I didn't have Covid before I went through a packed airport and sat on a packed plane and then sat like a herded cow with cattle from all over the world in the customs line.

I don't think Covid is fake news but it's not Ebola either.

Reactions: hammies

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
This is why I'm waiting to travel internationally
could not wait any longer, gonna be a hassle, oh well.
The most exotic place I surfed in 2020 was the Panhandle. As much as I enjoy California, I go in Winter when I'm not that starved for surf. I don't think I could burn all 3 weeks vacation in December and even if I could, one big drawback to California is the cost.

I'm going surfing somewhere this Summer, most likely Mexico. The question is, is escape from the Summer Atlantic going to **** me off enough to vote for a dim-witted potato head like DeSantis.

Reactions: mundus

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
This is the facts

So what happened? Content creation was separated from distribution, and then the distribution had completely new rules that no one knew about. We experienced it in motion. And by 2018, MIT writes a paper that says that lies laced with anger and hate spread faster and further than facts. This is my 36th year as a journalist. I spent that entire time learning how to tell stories that will make you care. But when we’re up against lies, we just can’t win, because facts are really boring. Hard to capture your amygdala the way lies do.

Last edited: