Post your Foil Pics HERE

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
Steamroller said:
Randy Wright is one badass foil photog....lasurfpix.com kika$$

I find it interesting, the guy at about 15seconds that paddles over like he's going to try shoulder stuff you then notices you're coming down the line on foil and decides not to. I bet you get that alot. :cool:

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
I'm confused as to what's happening there. Are you punting huge straight airs? Have you tried to alley oop like Kai yet?

Want to see Brett Barley Foil? Push play. It should start at the 11:30 minute mark or so.

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
Hdip said:
I'm confused as to what's happening there. Are you punting huge straight airs? Have you tried to alley oop like Kai yet?

Want to see Brett Barley Foil? Push play. It should start at the 11:30 minute mark or so.

Looks like he was kinda struggling to fly that big wing? It's a bummer to see people ride those slingshot foils for surfing. They look like they don't work well at all, and I think they're the least expensive?

You get what you pay for.

There's a new 3.0 coming in the foil world in wing design....and it's a game changer for everyone I believe. Lift with smaller flatter profiles and wide like Signature that can whip turns and pump out with minimal effort. I just hope Go Foil gets on this soon. :shrug:

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Surfed doubling up beachbreak today and had a real good session. First wave was a head high set on the outer bar. I scrambled to almost the corner, white water take off, make the reform, fly through some sections going fast backside, kick out and pump way down the beach to connect a 2 for 1, rode til the closeout and tried to pump some more and legs were to burnt out.

Bunch of other waves going top speed. Made one right, from behind the section on the peak, flew through the middle section that was reforming and did a huge figure 8 backside cutback, wrap it back right and keep going. That was probably the best one.

I also had a bunch of falls taking off on to steep of sections or breaching over some chop going top speed and getting cartwheeled. My body is tired. Really fun though.

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
DK, Alex, and Austin went up to Jaws for a little foil tow session last week. I think it's been about 20 years since Dave first foiled Jaws with Laird.

Dec 5, 2018
Hdip said:
http://instagr.am/p/BtUHhXgn7KV/
Hey gregfoil. You just did a Malibu downwinder. Do you think this is possible for a Malibu downwind run? Or is this something where you need to be out in an island channel?
I think it is possible even here, you need a good efficient board, I would say 6'0 super narrow, round bottom, way more volume than a surfboard. More like a short prone paddle.
This is something I really want to do, I'm gonna make a board for that. Board has to be ultra light as well. But yes it is possible, I was surprised how good was the run last time, steep bumps, legite downwinder for sure !

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Sweet, thanks greg you're giving me hope. I gave a season and a half to kite surfing thinking downwinders might be the ticket. Then I broke a kite and ran out of time and never continued with it. Foiling has got me back in the downwind mindset, but I don't want to get a SUP.

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
Yesterday had some good and challenging conditions in the harbor. Strapped on my little Kai wing as the waves were well overhead on the drops and punchy.

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
RWVBWL said:
Nice surfin' Kaser1!
Props to your water photog too...
:jam_on:
Thanks RWVBWL. Stocked to have a good dedicated photog out there during our sessions. Stocked to have him still alive and well. He went through a life changing event last year. He started foiling just before me, one of the first recently here on Maui. He's about 36 I think, all around athlete/waterman. Suffered a heart attack and fortunately he was on land when it happened. Got himself to the hospital and had a couple surgeries later he's still recovering. Just recently got cleared to get back into the water just doing light (non surfing) activity.

Originally he was pretty bummed, but after some encouragement from the local community he picked up the camera and has been killing the good shots. Full land gear and just recently got a SPL housing and has the water angles down.

Can't wait til he gets back foiling again, maybe he'll let me shoot him with his gear. :rockin: