Post your Foil Pics HERE

steamroller

Michael Peterson status
Dec 23, 2007
48U - Green River, WY
eeeeeeeey great shots!

mindfoil THIS!...notice how there's NOBODY out....THATS WHY...we foilsurf!

and these are not closeouts...they're all makeable in a foil....

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
Steamroller said:
eeeeeeeey great shots!

mindfoil THIS!...notice how there's NOBODY out....THATS WHY...we foilsurf!

and these are not closeouts...they're all makeable in a foil....

My legs are burning just looking at those!

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
Perfect foil waves today. Tide went super low and everybody left. I was taking off on an outside reef that would just break then it would totally back off and I would ride open ocean swell lines basically. Working on carves. Over 60 second rides. Both legs would be tired but my back leg was on fire at the end of the rides.

You are putting all your weight over your front foot, but your back leg is changing the pressure constantly to keep the foil at the correct height.

Oh I was out for an hour and a half today. 3 super long ones. 2 long ones and maybe one or two short ones. Walked back after the first super long one. Paddled back for the rest. Google maps says the super long ones were average of 1800 feet in a straight line.

steamroller

Michael Peterson status
Dec 23, 2007
48U - Green River, WY

Gladstones storm drain to Bel Aire Beach club....basically the whole sunset point is about a half mile about 2600ft...had to do a 4 for 1 to make all the connections....almost passed out by the jetty at the end...fat guys not built for that stuff
:rockin:

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
QuadFin said:
How long are the sessions? Leg muscle feel like fire?
I've worked out my session equations in relation to normal surfing. In the same 2 hour session you can multiply everything by 4. Rides are 4 times as long and paddles back out are 4 times as long. Physically it kicks your a$$. Now I'm use to those long paddles and leg burners.

Saw another foiler wearing one, made sense, I use one now. Keeping hydrated has made the sessions better physically.

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
My buddy just got a DJI Spark and flew during my session yesterday. Here's a small 241 he got of me.

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
It's fun to stalk steamroller's foil sessions on the surfline rewind cams. If you want a clip and don't have an account tell me where and the approximate time and I'll donwload it for you steamroller. I just watched one of your two for one's at sunset yesterday.

steamroller

Michael Peterson status
Dec 23, 2007
48U - Green River, WY
Ey Hdip....the tide is 6 ft at 1100 TODAY...and theres a south swell runnin.....from 1000 to 100pm is going to be kikass....fog just rolled in....no moratorium crap....get out here....FOILSURF malibu...be here or be square

kaser youre getting kind stinkin good on that thing...tell alika we might need some drone piloting....see you again in 2 weeks....BOOM!

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
I’d love to steam roller but kids soccer games on Saturday. One of these days I’ll find you.

Edit: surfline rewind cam at 11 is fun. Three foils all up at once. Fog came in shortly after so I couldn’t see much more after that.

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
Steamroller said:
Ey Hdip....the tide is 6 ft at 1100 TODAY...and theres a south swell runnin.....from 1000 to 100pm is going to be kikass....fog just rolled in....no moratorium crap....get out here....FOILSURF malibu...be here or be square

kaser youre getting kind stinkin good on that thing...tell alika we might need some drone piloting....see you again in 2 weeks....BOOM!

ohhh, bummer. we go mainland on the 6th for 3 weeks. Gonna miss your visit. Hope you get plenty action.

In the mean time, drool on some Nick punts from the other day at G-rails.