Post your Foil Pics HERE

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
I surfed steamroller's secret spot today. I surfed mostly gregfoil's left bowl. Really fun on the high tide and basically all my own waves since no one else even looks at those. I was the only foil out. I got hit by a loose longboard when I was coming in. Pretty much the exact scenario I've used as an explanation of why foils aren't as dangerous as heavy longboards :) Couple long rides, but nothing worth pulling off the cam rewind. I was out from 9-1030 ish if anyone is bored and wants to see boring waves.

Then I went to my local spot and surfed a real board. All in all a fun day.

Dec 5, 2018
Hdip said:
I surfed steamroller's secret spot today. I surfed mostly gregfoil's left bowl. Really fun on the high tide and basically all my own waves since no one else even looks at those. I was the only foil out. I got hit by a loose longboard when I was coming in. Pretty much the exact scenario I've used as an explanation of why foils aren't as dangerous as heavy longboards :) Couple long rides, but nothing worth pulling off the cam rewind. I was out from 9-1030 ish if anyone is bored and wants to see boring waves.

Then I went to my local spot and surfed a real board. All in all a fun day.
I might go there tomorow morning.

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
I’m working all morning. Maybe sneak a regular board session in in the afternoon.

Had a lot of fun today even after half of Pepperdine showed up.

Waiting for it to get smaller before I pull the foil back out.

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
Just got the motherload of footage from my photog friend. Here's one of Maui's funnest winter spots in the harbor.

Dec 5, 2018
Found this on instagram, I foil with those two guys at Sano, they rip, speed, flow, big carve !!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvck-GtBUzlRRt0kXz4gl0cIy5T2kWa0NgDAgw0/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvckcYqBUBH9mv09p7savjumPfY5GT_J7rbkD80/

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
DK AK KL and Skye tow "small" Jaws a few days ago...

<p><a href="https://vimeo.com/328046440">RIPPLE on your 6 - THE JAWS FOIL SESSIONS</a> from <a href="https://vimeo.com/aclproductions">ACL Productions</a> on <a href="https://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
I don't have any pictures, but we don't have a foil session report, do we?

After riding a real board for the last few sessions I re-kindled my foil fire today. Went to Laird's spot and had forgotten just how fun that wave is to foil! A ton of high speed carves and super long rides. Best ride was behind Laird. He took off on the peak he likes (furthest out and furthest over). I took off where I like to sit. In the middle of the outside reef that caps and then reforms. On a foil you can just go right from the get go. On a regular board you have to take off right, then cut back left for awhile to connect to the inside. Since I knew Laird was about 20 feet down the line from me, I took the regular board section, so I white water take off as it's backing off and go left to start. I get to a steep section and drop back in for a backside bottom turn. As I come around and can see down the line again, Laird is about 50 feet away from me starting a big cut back. So I finish my bottom turn and wrap into a backside cutback right as he's finishing his cutback and wrapping back down the line. We do probably 3 huge swooping carves in synch like that. After I spun around on my 4th carve I'm going so fast I can't keep the wing under the water anymore as it's a fast section and my legs are burning so I breech. Laird kept going super far down the line.

I was excited to surf this wave again as I have progressed so much since last time I surfed it at the end of last summer. Big difference in my skill level and it's more fun than I remembered. I still need to get to San O, but I'll take this while I can.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
That blue wing on the blue board look huge.

Are they making them bigger or is it because it's a little kid?

I haven't been keeping up.

Kaser1

Tom Curren status
May 3, 2004
Maine
Autoprax said:
That blue wing on the blue board look huge.

Are they making them bigger or is it because it's a little kid?

I haven't been keeping up.

His board is tiny.

liquidmedium

OTF status
Jan 4, 2005
moku loa
liquidmedium said:
Kaser1 said:
Tip out turn.

We need more pictures of you.... may I suggest you start your own picture thread? And you seem pretty old for the look at me phase...

And how long until you post the other tip turn, and then the bottom turn tip out... and both front side and back side.... then how about doing it switch...? And then with the hat off, and then do it all without the gay style 🤮, not there is anything wrong with that.