***Official Surf Podcast Thread***

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
I stopped following Bruce on Instagram. All his stories and pics make me sad...

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Part two Surf Splendor Maurice cole is fantastic. Great discussion on sunny and mental health with ome great comments about the Bells contest and design. I like it except for the fact that they both said Kelly looked good on the simon anderson

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
greg martz onevwas good. wosh it was longer n host wud stf n let him talk n stop cutting him off. he had lots of stories to tell if host wud let him flow more.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
silentbutdeadly said:
Part two Surf Splendor Maurice cole is fantastic. Great discussion on sunny and mental health with ome great comments about the Bells contest and design. I like it except for the fact that they both said Kelly looked good on the simon anderson
Agreed.

Not sure what people saw in that Simon Anderson board.

It looked really tracky under his feet.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
crotchgrab said:
Havoc4k said:
ya. not a fan of slaters surfing past few years but man he looked like trestles slater from like a decade ago.
20W-50 and blood said:
best slater has looked in ages!!!!
Akila said Kelly's boards are PU...
How crazy would it be if Kelly's struggles the past however many years were in a great part due to his insistence on riding EPS boards in all conditions...

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
Aruka said:
crotchgrab said:
Havoc4k said:
ya. not a fan of slaters surfing past few years but man he looked like trestles slater from like a decade ago.
20W-50 and blood said:
How crazy would it be if Kelly's struggles the past however many years were in a great part due to his insistence on riding EPS boards in all conditions...
Don't forget you can get eps in similar density to PU. It definitely has a different memory (longer) and damping though. I like it for its longevity, but I as far as feel, I can switch back and forth no problem. I'm also doing dual blanks w pu rails. So much nicer to shape.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
ghostshaper said:
Aruka said:
crotchgrab said:
Havoc4k said:
20W-50 and blood said:
Don't forget you can get eps in similar density to PU. It definitely has a different memory (longer) and dampening though. I like it for its longevity, but I as far as feel, I can switch back and forth no problem. I'm also doing dual blanks w pu rails. So much nicer to shape.
Agreed.

This isn't directed at Ghostshaper, but just a comment in general:

Let's not forget the dude has been nursing back and foot injuries the last couple of years.

Oh yeah, and he's 47 years old competing with 20 year olds at an elite level.

Small wave high performance surfing will be the first thing to fall off,. Sure he will have good small wave performances here and there, but not with the consistency of a Flippy, JJF, or Medina.

He's still the best when it comes to barrels though. :jam_on:

Better than JJF.

Yeah, I said it.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Couple updates:

Surf SPlendor:

Nathan Fletcher Michael Oblowitz. Annoying, couldn't finish it.

Chris Gally was pretty good talking about Jordy and coaching etc.

JS was cool hearing his story. Pretty depressing hearing that there aren't really too many up and coming shapers according to these guys.

Boardroom:

Just got done listening to Joe Roper. Enjoyed it but I'm a SD born and raised guy so....