***Official Surf Podcast Thread***

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
silentbutdeadly said:
JS was cool hearing his story. Pretty depressing hearing that there aren't really too many up and coming shapers according to these guys.
Every shaper I've spoken to about this has told me the exact same thing, at least when it comes to performance boards.

Not many younger guys are interested in being shapers and many are too lazy to put in the hard work it takes to get good (not my words).

"The future is Firewire. If you want to ride good boards you guys are fucked"

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
Tons of new shapers, probably all doing keel fish and weird hull bottom chine rail boar bonzers.
Then again after that Asher PAcey clip last week, im glassing some marine ply to my ikea table

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Currently listening to the Stab MIC Podcast on Mick Fanning.

They go into some of Mick's business pursuits, contracts, and a bit of the surf industries financial motivations that you don't really hear about.

Always wondered about this side of the surf industry and it's pretty interesting.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
The Bing Copeland episode of Surf Splendor was really good.

Cool to hear him talk about surf exploration in the 1950s.

grendel95

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 1, 2005
SJC
Listened to the TK Brimer Froghouse episode, definitely chaos management success story. Fascinating that wetsuits are what keep him in business.

Thought it was funny he admitted going to Costco to buy Wavestorms to resell, smart move!

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
grendel95 said:
Listened to the TK Brimer Froghouse episode, definitely chaos management success story. Fascinating that wetsuits are what keep him in business.

Thought it was funny he admitted going to Costco to buy Wavestorms to resell, smart move!

which podcast is he on?

i really enjoyed the greg martz one.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
The Drew Kampion episode on Surf Splendor is awesome. He has some really cool stories.

He rips into Chaz Smith in pretty epic fashion.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Scott had Jon Wayne Freeman on the latest episode of the Boardroom Show. Great episode!

Jon gives a shoutout to the erBB at the beginning and GG gets an extra special mention at the end. lol

Scott was uncomfortable with both erBB mentions. :ROFLMAO:

Well done Jon :shaka:

Last edited: