***Official Surf Podcast Thread***

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
silentbutdeadly said:
Listened to Bassy's interview of Zanadu and that was pretty interesting.

Chris Mauro has a new podcast called people who surf. Peter King was awesome but not nearly long enough.
Xanadu is a great story teller . that was fun

grendel95

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 1, 2005
SJC
Listened to the Josh Kerr episode on surf splendor, that dude has it made!

Has the stickered up surfboard started a slow death?

Can't wait to listen to Mayhem on the Grit...I've got some shrubs to trim this afternoon.

Dec 14, 2011
The Xanadu Podcast was very hard to listen to. Too Cocky and all over the place. The guy contradicts himself mid sentence.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
This is pretty entertaining

https://soundcloud.com/aintthatswell/da-goat-and-raging-bull-torquay-slater-occy-join-the-swellians

I think I'd get along in Austrailia

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
just listened to the same one. hilarious story about occy trying to drunk fight kelly. karate stick?!

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
A 2 time gold cone piece award winner obviously! Jed Smith.

Here's a random google of his name.

https://stabmag.com/stabfm/an-interview-with-jed-smith-of-aint-that-swell-on-well-aint-that-swell/

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
I really enjoyed the Mike Lambresi interview that Bassy did.

Seems like a good dude. Salt of the earth type guy.

I probably liked him even more because I agreed with his opinion on just about everything.

Bassy: "Are you a spiritual person"

Mike: "Nope"

- long pause

Bassy: "Uhhhhhh"

:roflmao:

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
casa_mugrienta said:
MICHAEL TOMSON
MICHAEL TOMSON
MICHAEL TOMSON

Does anyone have the balls to get this guy on a podcast???

He's by far one of the most interesting characters in surfing.
Great surfer
Great surf journalist
Founder of Gotcha
South African
Brother of Shaun
World traveler
wildman
etc.

haha i remember being a grom at surfbeat in sm and mt would give us a hard time. he was always a bit looney. he sold me a leash at 10% discount without any leash loop thread lolz. prly took the $$ and bought sum blow.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
i like shane dorians defn of kook on the rogan podcast. pretty bada$$. slater sounded like a try hard little kid on the rogan podcast.

looking forwd to listening to the parmy and watermans guild dude interviews

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
silentbutdeadly said:
This is pretty entertaining

https://soundcloud.com/aintthatswell/da-goat-and-raging-bull-torquay-slater-occy-join-the-swellians

I think I'd get along in Austrailia
Laughed so hard at the Karate stick story :D

I moved to Australia about 3 years ago, and I get along well. The only comment I'd make to that though, is that you don't really know how wild they can get, until you go on a surf trip with them :p

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
just finished the dick van straalen surf splendor. crazy. barely any mention of board design other than eps.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Havoc4k said:
i like shane dorians defn of kook on the rogan podcast. pretty bada$$. slater sounded like a try hard little kid on the rogan podcast.

looking forwd to listening to the parmy and watermans guild dude interviews
The latest Rogan with Dorian was great until the 23 and me discussion. That was really awkward

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
jkb said:

I probably liked him even more because I agreed with his opinion on just about everything.

- long pause

Bassy needs to drop that schtick. I mean, who in real life asks ANYONE that question?!?! Such a cringey move.

Occy n his karate stick was lol. The story on the new one of Taj Burrow's farewell party on Tavarua with Mick 'Eugene' Fanning is epic too.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Goodfish said:
jkb said:

- long pause

Bassy needs to drop that schtick. I mean, who in real life asks ANYONE that question?!?! Such a cringey move.
I agree. Not quite sure why he insists on asking everyone that question. Doesn't matter either way.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
RE: Karate stick story... I love that Kelly said he might call his next board model that. I know it was an off-the-cuff joke, but given the story, I think that would be an epic name!

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Let me just say I fuggin LOVED the Lambresi podcast.

He was straight up no BS.

Didn't bend to Bassy's cringey line of questioning and gave his honest opinion about all things.

On the flip side, really weird choice considering all the options out there, a lot of people will have no clue who he is...I only know him from reading 80s surf mags.

STILL WAITING FOR THE CHRIS WARD PODCAST but I doubt Bassy has the balls.

Also, the jazzy intro music is getting on my nerves. Knock that sh!t off already.

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
ouuu a wardo podcast...
I would love to hear from him, he made some bad decisions, I would hope he lives better because his backside barrel game is legendary (and stories)
speaking of fucked up people with backside tuberiding abilities, any word on Bruce Irons? I remember he bailed on that contest and then got some charges.