*** Official Sunset Beach Pro Contest Thread ***

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Lots of Hawaiians out before the Round of 32 as well.

Kai Lenny
Keanu Asing
Imaikalani deVault
Ian Genitals
Barron Mamiya
Brodi Sale
Eli Hanneman
Yep. Barron was a surprise.

Ian too. He usually contest surfs Sunset really well. But that was gnarly Sunset doubt any of them would’ve paddled out if the contest wasn’t running.

Seth making quarters is a bit of a happy surprise too. Guess he gotta put in some work after his early exit at Pipe.

My FS team got slaughtered.

Let’s go Seth and John.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Free surf live... with Kaipo and Turpel commentating. That's new.

URL won't work here though, you have to go to YouTube to watch it.

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
I didn't find it entertaining at all.

Watched for 40 mins and saw a bunch of flabby waves being badly surfed- apart from a few pro level rides.

With Strider and Joe rabbiting on about nothing.

2/10

Reactions: Woke AF

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
I didn't find it entertaining at all.

Watched for 40 mins and saw a bunch of flabby waves being badly surfed- apart from a few pro level rides.

With Strider and Joe rabbiting on about nothing.

2/10
Thankfully we are all allowed to not watch it. I like checking what the real line up looks like with better angles than those nasty surfcams.

Reactions: Boneroni

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
Not bothered at all mate.

You're reading the room wrong.

Just a bit of fun banter.
Stoked you enjoyed it.

Anything you want to get off your chest?

If not, we're all good.

Reactions: brukuns

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Not bothered at all mate.

You're reading the room wrong.

Just a bit of fun banter.
Stoked you enjoyed it.

Anything you want to get off your chest?

If not, we're all good.
Compared to what he’d be watching on the cams closest to where he lives it’s outstanding. I made it through 15 minutes.

• Haha
Reactions: Woke AF

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Compared to what he’d be watching on the cams closest to where he lives it’s outstanding. I made it through 15 minutes.
You bet it was outstanding man, I was jerking off to the cam for all the 10 minutes I watched. Would have watched a lot more if it was Pipe, the idea of raw practice sessions in down days seems nice. As far as watching surfcams near where I live, that sounds great and all but unfortunately I'm not mentally challenged so this is not a hobby I partake in. But you go crazy!

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I go look for the highlights reels from "gnarly" days and still end up with too much commentary... that's just me though. Is it Dr. Cliff Kapono who drops the knowledge now and again? I can dig it for couple depending on who he's doing it with.

Just watched from today(yesterday 2/19) there was no commentary to the highlights at all so nevermind anything I say. I liked it, but it must not have been offering up that Inside Drainer section today? Un make -able today?( There was one and a half toobs on the highlights ?)

Last edited:
Reactions: Boneroni

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
You're right, that is a good idea.

And it would have been sick at Pipe on the big day

You're always right and you're never wrong Brukuns and you made Slater lose his sheet.

You should start a cult.
There you go. I knew you had more to get out of there! I'll hold your hair if you want.

I gave my opinion, never said I was right, that's all in your head. It seems you also have a hard time reading the room.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: freeride76

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Looks like new swell is showing on the buoy 1 after midnight. It’ll get bigger during the day. Pretty sure they’ll run. Cam shows OH waves now. Light winds. They need to finish Thursday so they’ll run at least half day to get thru women’s opening rounds.