*** Official Sunset Beach Pro Contest Thread ***

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Watching pros go over the falls and catch rail at Sunset makes me feel better my own struggles out there.
Ha!
I've surfed Sunset a handful of times. a couple of those times it was somewhat similar to the conditions over the weekend. In spite of spending most of my sessions underwater, I managed to not drown. A couple of times it was like it is today. I still spent a ton of time underwater and also managed to not drown. Surfing Sunset is really humbling. Hats off to these girls!

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Womens surfing is so much better now than in years before. All the heats have great surfing.

Though, I'm still baffled by how Tati wins heats when her surfing is so ugly and jilted.
She hucks a lot of spray on those backhand turns. Same reason Marks does well with her similar style.

Defay should have pulled in on that one. Would have been a relatively clean barrel.

Reactions: Boneroni

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
She hucks a lot of spray on those backhand turns. Same reason Marks does well with her similar style.

Defay should have pulled in on that one. Would have been a relatively clean barrel.
True. I think Carolines surfing is much more pleasant to watch, though.