*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
Fully vaccinated and boosted, wearing a mask at the airport and on the flight to Kauai. Yet I came down with covid in Hawaii. Do vaccines work? Well, I got all my childhood vaccinations, then had to get them again one year after my cancer treatments. Yes, those do. Let's focus on July 1. Who's to say that there weren't scores of people on that packed flight to the Islands exhibiting symptoms of covid, coughing, sneezing, and runny noses who had purchased their tickets months ago and were going anyway. Bitches gave me the Covid STD and fucked up my whole trip.

• Sad
Reactions: Random Guy

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Fully vaccinated and boosted, wearing a mask at the airport and on the flight to Kauai. Yet I came down with covid in Hawaii. Do vaccines work? Well, I got all my childhood vaccinations, then had to get them again one year after my cancer treatments. Yes, those do. Let's focus on July 1. Who's to say that there weren't scores of people on that packed flight to the Islands exhibiting symptoms of covid, coughing, sneezing, and runny noses who had purchased their tickets months ago and were going anyway. Bitches gave me the Covid STD and fucked up my whole trip.
Despite the huge case spike, there deaths are pretty much flat. Which would suggest that even the unvaxxed are not dying from the current variant, therefore meaning that they are also doing jack sh!t against the current variant for those who are vaxxed.

Like the definitions of all things these days, the definition of "vaccine" is malleable.

• Love
Reactions: PRCD

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
People like that dude on this very bb who said it was OK that his whole family (who had covid) flew home from London and said he wouldn't even feel guilty if the person in front of him got sick and died because of him?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
"Restricting sports after vax" after restricting sports for almost two years due to our anti-scientific COVID NPIs.
Maybe this is why Sutter added a bunch of questions on heart health to their teen questionnaire.

1660148388421.png
Denmark is ending COVID vaccination for children. The US is pushing it on all children, even if they've already had COVID.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
A brother-in-law (in Petaluma) has it again after catching it around New Year's Eve.

Am sure the whole family will technically "catch it" again as well.

Sister-in-law now has adult onset of type 1 diabetes...came on about two months after catching it on the first round (New Year's Eve), but could be coincidental to infection.

Sweetie-pie is trying to convince her mom to not let the nephews over (which they do now and again to help with the beasties in the back 40 (actually only has 5 acres, but it is fun to say 'the back 40") as well as stop her from going to their place to help out.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I wonder if me and my immunity acquired by infection are going to be allowed back in the office any time soon.

I doubt it.
Even the vaccinated are taking up to 2 weeks or more to recover and test negative with the current variant. The vaccines aren’t helping anymore.