Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
  • Sad
Reactions: Havoc

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Got denied yesterday. Tried paddling out to the big sandbar with too much incoming tide and couldn't even get out. spent more than an hour valiantly paddling my sorry arse off, but no luck. Was not happy, but managed to laugh at myself.

This morning boat trip up the coast to empty beach break. Not great, but good enough, and just us four on HH rights. So nice to let the Wolverine run on a long right! Freezing cold when we got back to the boat ramp after 4 hours.

Got a bonus session in glassy, wedgy point waves this arvo. Day off well spent.

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Zero swell and lots of wind - did the wing foil thing again Saturday and Sunday. F it's addicting.

I swore I would never buy myself a midlength board. I need to revisit that and say: I'll never buy a mid length SURFboard. But I am going to get myself a midlength wing foil board for downwinding. STOKED.

Jan 13, 2021
Got denied yesterday. Tried paddling out to the big sandbar with too much incoming tide and couldn't even get out. spent more than an hour valiantly paddling my sorry arse off, but no luck. Was not happy, but managed to laugh at myself.

This morning boat trip up the coast to empty beach break. Not great, but good enough, and just us four on HH rights. So nice to let the Wolverine run on a long right! Freezing cold when we got back to the boat ramp after 4 hours.

Got a bonus session in glassy, wedgy point waves this arvo. Day off well spent.
Cool adventures!

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019
Been mending an injury for the last 3 weeks or so. Still not ready to surf, but went for a paddle today during my lunchbreak. That's becoming my go-to protocol for returning from an injury. Used to be a bit of a chore, but now I love it. Especially on sunny, slow days like this. Everyone's sitting around waiting for a waist high burger. And I'm just steadily paddling from peak to peak. 30 minutes or so of nonstop paddling on my shortie. Good workout and excuse to get in the water.

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Is it a good workout too?
Starts as a really intense workout, but it gets easier with skill. I dig it. Each level brings new challenges. First there was just standing. Then standing and getting on foil. Then keeping it on foil. Then keeping it on foil for more than 10 seconds. Then jibing. Then going toe side. Then open jibing. Then tacking. Throughout it all, there's the challenge of riding waves and bump, then bigger waves and bump, then bigger. Now working on tacking. Airs are next. Stoked on the challenge of it all.

So, yeah... it is tiring but great fun. Kinda' like surfing can be.

motosurf

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 19, 2008
Solid combo swell. Pretty walled but got a few good ones. Got to try my last board purchase in good waves for the first time and it went really well. Super lightweight and responsive. Goes on rail way better than my other boards.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Onshore and similar to yesterday but bigger than it looked and more unruly. Two other guys out, spread out and we were all scrambling for horizon when the close out sets reared up outside. I thought I saw some corners but they were hard to get to. Rode 3 bumpy waves, but mostly paddled and duck dove a ton. I’ve been fighting a cold/sinus infection/allergies with a barking dry cough for a couple days so hoped a mellow saline rinse and some vitamin D would help, but my lung capacity is a bit too diminished for that workout.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Onshore and similar to yesterday but bigger than it looked and more unruly. Two other guys out, spread out and we were all scrambling for horizon when the close out sets reared up outside. I thought I saw some corners but they were hard to get to. Rode 3 bumpy waves, but mostly paddled and duck dove a ton. I’ve been fighting a cold/sinus infection/allergies with a barking dry cough for a couple days so hoped a mellow saline rinse and some vitamin D would help, but my lung capacity is a bit too diminished for that workout.
Speaking of dry cough. I have had phlegm and a cough for a few weeks now. So has my wife and several coworkers. There has been talk about cloud seeding and chem trails contributing to everyone cough. I wonder if anyone else has phlegm and a cough recently?