*** Official 2024 Community Surf Journal ***

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Strong offshores with surprising strong gusts. Punchy hh peelers.
Rode the 7’2 pintwin. Low crowd with mostly regular's.

Lucked into some set waves in front of the boys. It is icing on the cake to paddle back out and see the disgruntled looks while being asked, ‘where did that come from?’

the rides were weird, easy to get in and down the face but there was so much wind and chop in the pocket that is made finding the barrel and setting the rail difficult. So no barrels but a couple turns with sunny warm air conditions. The water is cold.

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
Seems we’ve already started the summer doldrums here on the EC. I’ve surfed knee to thigh high waves every morning this week with no real size increase in the forecast. Oh well, I guess something is better than nothing.

I’ve been riding the Bullet as a quad with MF larges up front and AM quad rears and it’s been a great combo in the small stuff.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Random untyped today in the 805, near Santacruzin's hood. Surprisingly better than I ever would've guessed. 3 guys out. Life is beautiful.
wondering if you went were I think you did starts with an S or maybe an L?

I thought about it. Hell the local beachie was good to great yesterday afternoon!

Last edited:

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Strong offshores with surprising strong gusts. Punchy hh peelers.
Rode the 7’2 pintwin. Low crowd with mostly regular's.

Lucked into some set waves in front of the boys. It is icing on the cake to paddle back out and see the disgruntled looks while being asked, ‘where did that come from?’

the rides were weird, easy to get in and down the face but there was so much wind and chop in the pocket that is made finding the barrel and setting the rail difficult. So no barrels but a couple turns with sunny warm air conditions. The water is cold.

I took the kids to the beach for a few minutes and waded into the water. Fucking freezing.

Reactions: Havoc

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
some good waves today in the right spot, but 20 minutes between sets :(

Reactions: Havoc

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
love me a good untyped swell.

today was not such a swell. crowded by my standards but mostly local boys. leftover wind chunk but calm winds and a solid amount of energy coming in compressed sets. not every wave was a good one but there were some nugs to be had. got a few that nutted up and ran long enough for a few turns. best wave was probably a mutant double up barrel that offered a big, open view and a little travel time before sending me to the bottom for a bit of a thrashing. rode the 6-5 driver round tail w/ sharpie L fins and was pretty stocked.

80F on the beach but the water can't be more than 47-48F. I need new neoprene, head to toe. lasted about 1.5 hours before I got cold.

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
[QUOTE="Aruka, post: 3999405, member: 27151"

80F on the beach but the water can't be more than 47-48F. I need new neoprene, head to toe. lasted about 1.5 hours before I got cold.
[/QUOTE]

normal may water temps with sept weather. i'll take it cept for the flock of random sheep descending on it from fuk knows where. waters been crystal clear btw.

Reactions: Aruka

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Seems we’ve already started the summer doldrums here on the EC. I’ve surfed knee to thigh high waves every morning this week with no real size increase in the forecast.
Yeah the only hope I see on the horizon is that Google and Microsoft calendars both insist that after May, June, July, August, September and October, it'll finally be November again in five months and three weeks.

Reactions: Goofy_Footed

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
Yeah the only hope I see on the horizon is that Google and Microsoft calendars both insist that after May, June, July, August, September and October, it'll finally be November again in five months and three weeks.
Don’t forget the overhyped, crowded long period closeouts in between.

E5AF0044-AB8D-4691-88E9-2E21D5ABDCDB.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit