Mental Health thread

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
But now I'm gettin' old, don't wear underwear. I don't go to church, and I don't cut my hair. But I can go to movies and see it all there, just the way that it used to be.

Why_was_I_banned

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 5, 2020
hiya Peter!
Happy Belated B~Day, by thee way!!
i'm class off '80, it's 40 yearz now, outta Venice High, yow~za!
You, even more!!!

i think~ie,
you might have met 1 of thee kidz on my ol' HW surf~team,
after he moved to your Island, early '90's, a dude from Samo,
his name ~ scott clifton?

anywayz,
you, darrick doerner, allen sarlo, i, solo scott, rick massie, many others too,
repn' no, not "the vikings", BUT 'Thee Gondoliers',
have ripped many a wave since graduatin', no?
met many a friend too, fellow wave~riderz...
much respect to you, 'sir'!
:jamon:
'
SamoHi, dear SamoHi, queen of the setting sun...

Reactions: ~rwright~

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
When did living with family become such a negative?
my oldest son turned 30 yesterday...when i asked him if he was gonna party, he replied "yeah, totally celebrating the fact that i'm 30 and live with my mother". he's bumming but he's saving a ton of money, and has more in the bank at 30 than i did at 45. he's gotta make a move some time, but he doesn't have to be in a rush to go rent something, which essentially means paying someone else's mortgage. he's doing better than he knows.

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
When you want to attract a woman.
Met my ex wife when I lived at home after moving back to the bay to start a new career.
Moved out bought a house with money saved. Parents were stoked!

8 years later divorced, moved back home for 6 months till I got a new place. Had plenty of women over. Probably depends on the living situation and area.

stocked that now I get to pay it back and buy my parents cool stuff. Took them on a rad vacation last year pre Covid.
Family helps family.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
When you want to attract a woman.
I noticed other women would be attracted to me (more open to engage) when I was with an attractive woman.

Maybe it's sending the message of safety?

Maybe the girl thinks, if that good looking women is with that looser, maybe he's got something going on?

In either case they would be wrong wrong WRONG!

Why_was_I_banned

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 5, 2020
I noticed women would react to me more depending on what I was wearing,

and if the trench coat was opened or closed.

The sound of screaming was so deflating, but better than a giggle.

Wrong thread?

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
SamoHi, dear SamoHi, queen of the setting sun...
no way...
You'se a Viking?
(y)

i used to trip out on a dude name of David, his mind's memory, a lil' off~kilter,
for in early 2000's, he'd some~times talk 'bout us goin to Samo, i'm like, hmmmm,
ok, right, hahaha,!

i never had the heart to put down his mind, tell him that i went to Venice, i am a 'Gondolier',
then 1 time, in 'DogTown's HW surfshop, a bro, name of Anton, who used to live a few houses down from me,
on Milwood Ave after i graduated Venice, he told him thee bad news as we drank some cold~ies,
kinda funny, in a sad way ~ "what, you went to Venice"?

Err, ya,
my swim team coach was Darrell Wiley,
+ i used to dug dirt in horticulture class @ Venice+Walgrove,
right down the street from Mark Twain Jr. High,
where i grad~ed from, in '77...

don't know didly squat 'bout Samo high,
except that mid-80's, their Principal got very mad when The HW HomeBoyz +i glued a buncha surf comp flyers
at their place of studies, advertisin' to their crew to please join us in battle in the local waters,
that Principal ah, requested, rather sternly, that we come + remove 'em immediately
or else SMPD was gonna get a call, hahaha...
:beer:
:waving:

ps ~ my mental health has been groovin' thee last few dayz! hope that you'all be doin' ok too!
seen many a friend ride low~tide glassy afternoon peelers, watched 'nother shark breach, dolphins + thee large sea lion that's been loiterin', do their thang l8ly!
:)

hotCheetos

OTF status
Mar 28, 2020
my oldest son turned 30 yesterday...when i asked him if he was gonna party, he replied "yeah, totally celebrating the fact that i'm 30 and live with my mother". he's bumming but he's saving a ton of money, and has more in the bank at 30 than i did at 45. he's gotta make a move some time, but he doesn't have to be in a rush to go rent something, which essentially means paying someone else's mortgage. he's doing better than he knows.
ya a bunch of those "i paid a off all my student loans and now a millionaire in 5 years" type articles starting popping up in google feed and it seems a common theme is "i had to move in with parents. I saved a sh!t ton. made some savvy investments. now I've moved out bought my own place (or two or 3 ) and now I'm financial stable. Look at it as an opportunity. Also I was talking to the lady who closed my refinance and she said the mortgage industry has been pretty slammed and there is a lot of work from home opportunity as a loan processor etc. Maybe look into that although that convo was a month ago but it seems real estate is still doing decent.