Mental Health thread

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
I've stopped my months-long (maybe a year) trial run with microdosing psilocybin. Frankly, i just don't know if it worked or not, and it's an expensive (not to mention illegal) regimen to maintain anyway. 2020 probably isn't a great "control" year to really identify sources of, and treatments for, anxiety, given how batchit nuts this whole year is anyway. But my overall takeaway was "meh, probably hippie hype." But i do agree that limiting THC use, or at least not just getting baked all day long, will perhaps ease some anxiety. I feel like getting baked just reflects or amplifies whatever it is that you're currently feeling anyway. So, if you're all wound up, stressed out, and depressed, then you do some high-% bong rips, you're just going to get more stressed out as you sit there all muddled in the brain. But sometimes, in a good mood, it can still be fun. that's also purely my own anecdotal, entirely unprofessional and non-medical experience. Because man late March and April were depressing AF, i was smoking/vaping a lot of THC, and it didn't' help. Now i'm down to just a little puff before bed, while IN bed, because i've learned now in the last several months that once ensconced in my cocoon upstairs, the worries and weights of the world fall away, and i enjoy feeling good and high, then I fall into a nice deep 7-8 hours of sleep. Only rarely now do i ingest any THC during the day anymore

Wow i have shared a LOT of personal sh!t on here in the last 48 hours and it's been cathartic. Maybe i can tell my new doc that i actually AM seeing a therapist? does erBB take UHC?

I cut out weed during the day all together too. The combo of sitting around not working , plus being stoned I felt to much like a loser. Also couldnt really afford to smoke at the same frequency as i was with no money coming in and now my tolersnce is really low.

I def agree - depending on the strain it will magnify whatever emotion is there. I stick to OG's which mostly just knock me out anyways.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I cut out weed during the day all together too. The combo of sitting around not working , plus being stoned I felt to much like a loser. Also couldnt really afford to smoke at the same frequency as i was with no money coming in and now my tolersnce is really low.

I def agree - depending on the strain it will magnify whatever emotion is there. I stick to OG's which mostly just knock me out anyways.
Not smoking weed for over a month now has enabled me to hold my breathe for 2-3 minutes again. I like this. :cool:

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Not smoking weed for over a month now has enabled me to hold my breathe for 2-3 minutes again. I like this. :cool:
Sounds like someone is training for a breathE holding contest. You wanna go bro? Those are breathE holding words! *boxing emoji*

Edit: fixed. Thanks. Damn auto correct.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Kento

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
"A weekend at Ogro's" coming to a theatre near you.

Sounds like the real reason my surf B&B never took off, the 4 hour lectures.

:bricks::applause2::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Re: the WeeeeeeeD! Me and jiggaboogamon must be the only ones puffing on the regular anymore.

I light up every 4 hours minimum... My fused lumbar region wouldn't let me move from bed otherwise.

As far as it provoking anxiety? Check your WeeeeeeD! Source. Unless it's one of these coke fueled sativas that are meant to light a fire under your arse, yeah, you may be getting, let's just call it what it is, "adulterated WeeeeeD!" my friends.

It's supposed to do exactly the opposite, and every single strain I grow personally does, even my sativas don't cause anxiety.

Sounds to me like some growers out there are getting greedy and not flushing their chemical fertilizers properly.

:crazy2::foreheadslap::shameonyou::poke:

• Wow
Reactions: ~rwright~

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Not sure how much getting back to surfing and becoming obsessed with it is helping or making matters worse. lol.

But hey, I guess I rather have my psyche shattered surfing once or twice a week than being a fucking mental role model that will dip his feet in the water every 2 years.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
dude, brukuns, I can attest!

Going from surfing every day the conditions allow, to a fixed DP only on Saturday/Sunday has wrecked my mental health. Not to mention the physical condition. It used to make me feel better stronger and more limber after surfing, now it feels like I got hit a few home runs with a metal bar when I'm done. Barely can limp back to the car.

Last edited:
Reactions: brukuns