Mental Health thread

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
dude, brukuns, I can attest!

Going from surfing every day the conditions allow, to a fixed DP only on Saturday/Sunday has wrecked my mental health. Not to mention the physical condition. It used to make me feel better stronger and more limber after surfing, now it feels like I got hit a few home runs with a metal bar when I'm done. Barely can limp back to the car.
Why only weekends?

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
cause on the 28th of July went from happy go lucky, not a care in the world, monthly expenses covered without major hours spent chasing dough... to caring for my partially senile, HYPER ANXIETY, 86 year old mom. and sat/sun from about 6-9 am is the only time I know my wife's home and can care for her, during the week sweetie pie needs her early am sleep so she won't tear any kids heads off in classes later in the day.

basically, it's the only time of the week I can leave the house, except after dark and before first light, and know my mom is cared for in my absence.

one thing I have learned with caring for the elderly, there are only two states of "care" when you get to that age....

attended or unattended. Period.

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
My drinking finally got to the point. I had a really nasty vision of myself in the future and it freaked me out.
~snip~
yow~za!
A future vision of yourself?
Who do you want to be today, who do ya wanna be??

right on ~ i'll drink to that,
rwrightz, right now!
:cheers:

what's up, O+Z!
i grew up in Venice Beach,
that should tell ya enough,
'bout what i'm gonna chime in with my 2¢, ok?

~snip~
I went to a meeting yesterday. I'm going to one today. I feel better already.
so, ah, when you go to them meetin's,
DO NOT FORGET 'BOUT rule 13, oakie~dokie???
:coffee::dancing::coffee::dancing::coffee:
+
this, too:
SURF!!!
:waving:

:cool:

Last edited:

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
hiya Peter!
Happy Belated B~Day, by thee way!!
i'm class off '80, it's 40 yearz now, outta Venice High, yow~za!
You, even more!!!

i think~ie,
you might have met 1 of thee kidz on my ol' HW surf~team,
after he moved to your Island, early '90's, a dude from Samo,
his name ~ scott clifton?

anywayz,
you, darrick doerner, allen sarlo, i, solo scott, rick massie, many others too,
repn' no, not "the vikings", BUT 'Thee Gondoliers',
have ripped many a wave since graduatin', no?
met many a friend too, fellow wave~riderz...
much respect to you, 'sir'!
:jamon:
'

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
hiya Peter!
Happy Belated B~Day, by thee way!!
i'm class off '80, it's 40 yearz now, outta Venice High, yow~za!
You, even more!!!

i think~ie,
you might have met 1 of thee kidz on my ol' HW surf~team,
after he moved to your Island, early '90's, a dude from Samo,
his name ~ scott clifton?

anywayz,
you, darrick doerner, allen sarlo, i, solo scott, rick massie, many others too,
repn' no, not "the vikings", BUT 'Thee Gondoliers',
have ripped many a wave since graduatin', no?
met many a friend too, fellow wave~riderz...
much respect to you, 'sir'!
:jamon:
'
:applause2:

:roflmao:

:cheers:

:waving:

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
they just laid off a bunch of people ay my job today.
lucky for me im the least paid one... so im still here for now.
This is bad bad
if I lose this job and cant find one its back to the parents at age 29

• Sad
Reactions: PRCD

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
they just laid off a bunch of people ay my job today.
lucky for me im the least paid one... so im still here for now.
This is bad bad
if I lose this job and cant find one its back to the parents at age 29
when we were in the thick of the quarantine and I hadnt worked for months - i considered moving back in with my folks and Im 40. Its not the end of the world and they live closer to the beach than I do and we get along great so for me it wanst a bad option.

think of it this way. unless your rich there going to eventually be living with you anyways :shark:

Reactions: Waterlogged05

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
My parents wouldn't be so bad they live closer to the beach too. My girlfriend is in school right now and it would be harder for her.
The worst part is people losing insurance/, my older co-worker is shellshocked. Not to get too political but we have to have a better system for healthcare. When my mom's blood pressure costs more than their mortgage and my dad makes 100k a year it's depressing.

Here's a picture of big Texas surf to balance the negativity! It's bigger than it looks from this perspective.

Attachments

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
My parents wouldn't be so bad they live closer to the beach too. My girlfriend is in school right now and it would be harder for her.
The worst part is people losing insurance/, my older co-worker is shellshocked. Not to get too political but we have to have a better system for healthcare. When my mom's blood pressure costs more than their mortgage and my dad makes 100k a year it's depressing.

Here's a picture of big Texas surf to balance the negativity! It's bigger than it looks from this perspective.
just lost my insurance on the first. obamacare here i come! :foreheadslap:

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
I think it's a bit of pride. Not so, negative. One, finally gets to move out on one's own. Get a job making a few $$$'s or more. Confidant, happy how things are going in one's life. COVID shows it's face, times become a bit juicy and one still is getting by, masks, slow downs, lay off's, loosing your health insurance, can't make car payments, can't make rent .....

Having to go ask your elderly Parents if you can move back in with them, because you lost your job and apartment or worse off, your home.
And you have to ask yourself, DAILY ... WTF just happened ... why am I here .. .???
Any open lot in any town may be inhabited by the person who had a bit of pride ... in not asking his Folks for a place to live ....

Some have the capabilities to go minimalist and endure for a while, regroup and get back in the game. Others, just become numbers in the masses ... with the blank look of a doe caught in the
headlights of a car at midnight.