Mental Health thread

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
So, you "like" my "round planters"?
;)

Otay gay code joe to the white courtesy phone! No parking in the loading zone!

Here ya go... git jiggy wid it....

:monkey:

20230306_185831.jpg
20230306_185841.jpg

Frankly I'm too darn played out to even get up and take pics of the work done this weekend... suffice to say, all the mildew is gone, all the weak water affected points have been chipped,and everything is ready for the painter.... however, he works on island time... Bruddah is out of work, he says, and I find out he has not one other, but 4 jobs going... so, we wait.

Lobos, only an hour, got three set waves all the way down the volcano, but the size wasn't there to hook around the turn and make the barreling section. Got dragged up on the rocks finding that out. Tomorrow is supposed to Amp up in size... going to drop a micro dose at the dock before the zodiac ride out with three friends, watch the sun rise out there at low tide rising with 3 meters of ground swell @299° and zero wind. Should rip through the channel, bounce off the point, rip down the base of the volcano, then turn the corner for literally the longest barrel section ever, no way out but island style or against the rocks.

WOOT!!!

:waving::shaka:

SlicedFeet

Miki Dora status
Dec 17, 2004
Swarm Diego
So, you "like" my "round planters"?
;)

Otay gay code joe to the white courtesy phone! No parking in the loading zone!

Here ya go... git jiggy wid it....

:monkey:

View attachment 149710
View attachment 149711

Frankly I'm too darn played out to even get up and take pics of the work done this weekend... suffice to say, all the mildew is gone, all the weak water affected points have been chipped,and everything is ready for the painter.... however, he works on island time... Bruddah is out of work, he says, and I find out he has not one other, but 4 jobs going... so, we wait.

Lobos, only an hour, got three set waves all the way down the volcano, but the size wasn't there to hook around the turn and make the barreling section. Got dragged up on the rocks finding that out. Tomorrow is supposed to Amp up in size... going to drop a micro dose at the dock before the zodiac ride out with three friends, watch the sun rise out there at low tide rising with 3 meters of ground swell @299° and zero wind. Should rip through the channel, bounce off the point, rip down the base of the volcano, then turn the corner for literally the longest barrel section ever, no way out but island style or against the rocks.

WOOT!!!

Those are freakin cool!

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Grabbed the 1st zodiac at 6:45am, had eaten a quarter tab at 6:30.

Not great Lobos, but a few sneaker sets came through. Grabbed a couple of bigguns, a fair share of in betweeners too.

But what really stuck with me, like embedded in my retinas, was the light at 1st light as we pulled up to the volcano. The water was dark grey, the volcano dark brown. As the light came up, the water turned green, then blue as blue can get. The foam bouncing off the base of the volcano throwing mists down the side as the waves ran down its base, going from shaded to the sun light, it was visually spectacular.

The sun coming out just as I snagged the biggest wave of the day, for me, and I literally had to squint to see that I wasn't going to behead anyone sitting under me, made the drop, looked up at the wall forming as it gained in size, took a step forward and got into trim, the waves face totally golden, like a wall of gilded metal. It threw over me, everything changed color, I was so transfixed by it all I ate it bad when trying to pull through the face, it sucked me over, it was a rough tumble but somehow I just enjoyed the jets of spiraling water as the wave churned me over and over. Luckily it was a big set wave, so I had plenty of water under me and it never got truly hairy. Paddling out of the white water, not so much.. got caught by a 5 wave set taking each one on the head with subsequent tumblings.

It was a great session. 3 hours out there.

The boatman appreciated the half hit I gifted him.

Only one of my buddies was down for tripping so early in the morning. Well, "tripping"... more like micro dosing.

Never surfed on acid before. The colors will not soon be forgotten. Especially that wave face before it threw over my head... gold.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Grabbed the 1st zodiac at 6:45am, had eaten a quarter tab at 6:30.

Not great Lobos, but a few sneaker sets came through. Grabbed a couple of bigguns, a fair share of in betweeners too.

But what really stuck with me, like embedded in my retinas, was the light at 1st light as we pulled up to the volcano. The water was dark grey, the volcano dark brown. As the light came up, the water turned green, then blue as blue can get. The foam bouncing off the base of the volcano throwing mists down the side as the waves ran down its base, going from shaded to the sun light, it was visually spectacular.

The sun coming out just as I snagged the biggest wave of the day, for me, and I literally had to squint to see that I wasn't going to behead anyone sitting under me, made the drop, looked up at the wall forming as it gained in size, took a step forward and got into trim, the waves face totally golden, like a wall of gilded metal. It threw over me, everything changed color, I was so transfixed by it all I ate it bad when trying to pull through the face, it sucked me over, it was a rough tumble but somehow I just enjoyed the jets of spiraling water as the wave churned me over and over. Luckily it was a big set wave, so I had plenty of water under me and it never got truly hairy. Paddling out of the white water, not so much.. got caught by a 5 wave set taking each one on the head with subsequent tumblings.

It was a great session. 3 hours out there.

The boatman appreciated the half hit I gifted him.

Only one of my buddies was down for tripping so early in the morning. Well, "tripping"... more like micro dosing.

Never surfed on acid before. The colors will not soon be forgotten. Especially that wave face before it threw over my head... gold.
15 years old. random little shoulder high swell at mostly-empty Rincon for a sunset session. Peaking hard for hours in the lineup. All i can say is "The Shimmer is Real"

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Not buying car: file under menial labor though, thus good for mental health.

Our home is finished in white cement mixed with white barranco sand, a style of construction no longer permitted. As such, built in 2004, it's got some cracks showing, especially around the foundation. Called a painter buddy of mine, I shoot hoops with, who's between jobs. Much scraping, filing and painting over to be done this weekend .....

Here's the beginning...

View attachment 149478View attachment 149479View attachment 149480View attachment 149481View attachment 149482

And some before shots...

View attachment 149483View attachment 149484View attachment 149485View attachment 149486View attachment 149487

My jobs entail all the chipping away loose mix, brushing away all the accumulated moss. Sweeping up and post paint cleaning. Cannot get more menial than that... saves me his crew of 2 guys who do that for him.

He was amazed at the speed of my work, joking he should fire the other two... I responded, no fooking way... only reason I'm enthusiastic about this is it's my home, anyone else's and I could give a rats arse.

See ya Monday, or Tuesday, with broken triceps and after shots... I hope.

Not quite done yet, most of the 1st coat is, and the prep work. Refilling some areas the 1st coat revealed possible weaknesses in terms of water absorption before the 2nd and final coat. But you get "the picture"...

20230308_185534.jpg20230308_185538.jpg20230308_185546.jpg20230308_185559.jpg20230308_185613.jpg
20230308_185626.jpg20230308_185638.jpg20230308_185722.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: Chocki

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Just had an ECHO (diff than EKG, the ECHO is ultrasound of the heart- Star Trek sh!t was cool) and showed my “widow maker” merrily pumping away, so that was very encouraging for my cardiologist. I’ll have to keep a weather-eye on that SOB from here on out, but, better they catch it now and have a shot at staying ahead of it. Those are the heart attacks that kill 55 year year olds in excellent health. I know we don’t live forever, but, I would feel sort of shorted if I kicked at 55.

he admonished me though when I told him I used heavy cream in my 2-4 cups of coffee every day. He said “yes, quality fats are great for growing children and Young adult athletes but not for 43 year old men with small but noticeable early build up in the widow maker”. So I caved. It’s the end of an era.

i like good black coffee, but not nearly as much as I like it with just a splash of heavy cream. Maybe only the weekends:coffee:

Reactions: mundus

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
he admonished me though when I told him I used heavy cream in my 2-4 cups of coffee every day. He said “yes, quality fats are great for growing children and Young adult athletes but not for 43 year old men with small but noticeable early build up in the widow maker”. So I caved. It’s the end of an era.

i like good black coffee, but not nearly as much as I like it with just a splash of heavy cream. Maybe only the weekends:coffee:
Dunno mang, how much cream are we talking about :unsure: I doubt it adds up to much. Either way good on ya for taking care of it. I'm a black coffee guy myself :beer:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
next time ask your doc how he feels about Oatley as a creamer substitute.

nevermind, I don't want to know. :beer:

• Haha
Reactions: Subway

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
To celebrate the decrease in my cholesterol and my fantastic cardio echo gram, I grabbed a client and a couple of colleagues and went to Wolfgang for as much fat and cholesterol I could fit onto one table. Not pictured is the apple strudel and hand whipped Schlag for dessert
2E655AFD-3320-49E8-BFE2-1EF3157036AD.jpeg

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Nah, every day is casual Friday now, especially Fridays.Just an old favorite Black cotton sweater with a zipper v neck collar. Was from my fatty days but still fits well in a loose and stylishly comfortable way. Camel hair cashmere overcoat. Well fitting Blue jeans…Twas a nice easy work day, decadent lunch, on a post pandemic Friday, in midtown.

I don’t really mind this mellower new New York…the next few years will be interesting. Lot of new money and a lot of interesting changes happened as a result of all the pandemic-related swings in commercial real estate prices and occupancy etc…which wasnt all bad news after all. Give some cool companies the chance to have a shop in the center of it all…shoot we grabbed two massive floors of super modern and tasteful new space, launches a whole new era for us really

Wolfgang wasn’t crowded.. people really do not commute much anymore on fridays. But it’s kind of a nice day to be in town. It’s easy to eat at the great restaurants last minute, the city is just a little bit busy (Mondays through Thursdays feel just about as busy as the old days, unless the weather is nasty) and people are actually cheerful again after a few years of fear and stress etc…long live New York fu&#in‘ city. :jamon:

and the new office is even closer to Wolfgang

Reactions: Bob Dobbalina