Manera Booties?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
JMJ makes custom boots and will ship them in 10 days.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Just threw em on my feet, filled up the tub, and dipped them in to see If I can pinpoint the leaking.

Same as yesterday, major leakage at the splits in the toes and they begin filling with water.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Just threw em on my feet, filled up the tub, and dipped them in to see If I can pinpoint the leaking.

Same as yesterday, major leakage at the splits in the toes and they begin filling with water.
Dang.

You should ask if they'll swap them for the 5mm.

I honestly don't think you'd have an issue with the additional 2mm. They feel way less bulky than other 5mm booties to me.

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
I emailed feedback to Manera. We'll see.
They are good people and sounds like a manufacturing issue based on what you posted. It happens from time to time.

But sounds like you bought them at Thalia St. and they should go to bat fo you since they are the shop that sold the Boots. Typically how a Good shop should handle this type of situation. I know thats another shop in town would handle it anyways.

Last edited:
May 15, 2017
carhartt seat covers----cheers we all do
suits are the new thing for all the hoods
And designers in surfing are micro dosing

and then there's this wi-kelly leak to the surf world
Its all about to change

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I got a reply email from Manera:

"It's hard to make a split toe 100% waterproof as it is a very difficult piece to seal/stitch.
Usually we would just let some water flow in, your body should warm it and then you're good."

I will be returning these to Thalia St.

$25 wasted on S&H plus the post office lines through this whole process.

Lesson fvckin learned.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Re: round toe vs split to leakage, my last two booties were o’neil heat 3mm. first round toe and then split toe.

rounds lasted a few seasons before leaking. splits leaked on the first surf.