Manera Booties?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Be careful on sizing. If you're questioning which size you should get, go up a size. The 10's are pretty tight on me, but I think they will loosen up just a smidge.
I ordered a pair, 9.5 (normally wear a 9 but followed the measurements on their size chart.)

They're a little big so I'm sending back for a 9.

But yes the feel is primo.

Reactions: jkb

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
I ordered a pair, 9.5 (normally wear a 9 but followed the measurements on their size chart.)

They're a little big so I'm sending back for a 9.

But yes the feel is primo.
Just noticed they only have half sizes in 9's. No 10 half sizes.

I think I'd be most comfortable in a 10.5 but I bet an 11 would be too big.

Last edited:

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
Double sesh in the 4-3
Very warm and stretchy and the silky feel is quite nice . Fleece liner does nothing that I could feel in the way of more heat retention .
Arm length better than xcell
The funky ankle opening is easy on and off and no water intrusion

Stocked!

Reactions: jkb, grg and Aruka

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Double sesh in the 4-3
Very warm and stretchy and the silky feel is quite nice . Fleece liner does nothing that I could feel in the way of more heat retention .
Arm length better than xcell
The funky ankle opening is easy on and off and no water intrusion

Stocked!
Epic! Thanks for the extra $kick$, stoked it worked out like it did and good to finally meet in person.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Is it just me or does Buell have the longest arms ever?

I tried one of their l/s springsuits on and the arms seemed to be designed for an orangutang.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
No 3MM offering?

I'm looking for a boot for around 55-58. Colder offshore mornings.

It would be weird to have 5mm and really warm feet.
I have been wearing the vans five mill booties that I got last year for 40 bucks and they feel amazing! Nice and warm and not too thick.

Reactions: jkb

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I used my 3mm Maneras today for the first time.

They were terrible.

a) My entry was a rock jump off. The only part of my booties that touched the water were the toes...and water came in, instantly. Not just one bootie, but both.

It didn't slowly seep in, it was more like it just came straight in.

b) They're not warm. Let's put it this way. I usually don't put on booties until I get a very brief ice cream headache when first paddling out. I know if I get that ice cream headache my feet are gonna be cold without boots. That usually happens around 56-57 degrees.
That didn't happen today. The water was not that cold. The wind was blowing pretty hard at the point where I surfed, my feet got a little chilly in the AM when I was barefoot. So they got their first run on my 2nd session in the afternoon.
Well, my feet sure as hell weren't warm - they felt cold while I was toasty in my 4/3. Of course, how warm can you expect to be in a boot full of water?
And by cold, I mean my feet felt like if the water temp dropped a degree I would need booties...despite the fact I already had booties on.

The only thing good I can say about them is they're easier than most booties to get on and off. Other than that, a waste of money when there are other products for cheaper that would actually do the job.

Do not buy these.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: sh3 and jkb

ajmojave

OTF status
Aug 26, 2018
I used my 3mm Maneras today for the first time.

They were terrible.

a) My entry was a rock jump off. The only part of my booties that touched the water were the toes...and water came in, instantly. Not just one bootie, but both.

It didn't slowly seep in, it was more like it just came straight in.

b) They're not warm. Let's put it this way. I usually don't put on booties until I get a very brief ice cream headache when first paddling out. I know if I get that ice cream headache my feet are gonna be cold without boots. That usually happens around 56-57 degrees.
That didn't happen today. The water was not that cold. The wind was blowing pretty hard at the point where I surfed, my feet got a little chilly in the AM when I was barefoot. So they got their first run on my 2nd session in the afternoon.
Well, my feet sure as hell weren't warm - they felt cold while I was toasty in my 4/3. Of course, how warm can you expect to be in a boot full of water?
And by cold, I mean my feet felt like if the water temp dropped a degree I would need booties...despite the fact I already had booties on.

The only thing good I can say about them is they're easier than most booties to get on and off. Other than that, a waste of money when there are other products for cheaper that would actually do the job. Do not buy these.
whew just in time.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta