Manera Booties?

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
I've been struggling with a few different sets of booties lately. Tried Solites and didn't like the feel of them. Back to Oniell but their new boots are made out of super stretch which makes them swell like balloons. Why is super stretch used in booties??

Searched around for a new set and everything is sold out in my size except for a pair of Manera Magma boots. They look good and I liked the description so I decided to give them a shot.

Get them in the mail today and holy sh!t, the fit is really good!! They use a lot of rubber and a less flexible neoprene on the sides and top of the boot so they are snug, won't fold over the top of your foot, and won't swell with water. Only negative is part that goes up your leg feels slightly short. Not a big deal because I don't think it will make any difference, but I just prefer the feel of a taller bootie for some reason.

Haven't had them out in the water yet so my opinion could change very quickly, but so far I'm really impressed with the fit.

Anyone try these before?
1607128005012.png

Last edited:

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
their wetsuits look top notch too
I said it before here that their wetsuits are Top Notch. I have several and the rubber is amazing. I was skeptical at first but my buddy Sales Manager said I would love the wetsuits. He was right, they good and better than the xcels ive always loved.

Manera is from Kiting but breaking into to the surf category.

Reactions: jkb and retodd

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
As for bootie fit, I'm a size 10 with a narrow foot. The 10 fits me perfectly. If you're a 10 1/2, I recommend going up a size and not going down. For you fat footed fvckers, you might not get on with these well.

I'll post a ride report tomorrow :shaka:

• Haha
Reactions: ReForest and Aruka

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Huh. I actually saw that logo in the water today. Didn’t know what it was but thought it was maybe AXXE custom from a distance. I remember looking at these suits last year when one of the surf media instas posted about them. They looked promising to me but never heard any feedback and completely forgot about them when I was looking for a new suit this fall. What kind of price point are they?

billypilgrim

Nep status
Apr 19, 2017
I always thought it was some hipster sh*t since Dion Agius rides for them, but their stuff really nice.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Stocked on these after getting them wet.

They performed as I hoped the would. Not quite as warm as some other options out there but I was perfectly comfortable in them. They stayed put and let very little water in. Didn't trip on them once and board feel was really good for a 5mm. Most days I'd be dumping half a cup out of my Oniells post session but with these it was only a few drips.

I'm already sold on the fit but hopefully they hold up over time. If they last me through winter, I'm good with that.

Be careful on sizing. If you're questioning which size you should get, go up a size. The 10's are pretty tight on me, but I think they will loosen up just a smidge.

Reactions: oeste858

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
No 3MM offering?

I'm looking for a boot for around 55-58. Colder offshore mornings.

It would be weird to have 5mm and really warm feet.
So my favorite drylick booties were the 3 mil. About 20 uses and they would always get stretched out and floppy but what are ya gonna do . So I get a new pair for a trip up to obsf cause I don't wanna be in a floppy set in 8 to 12 foot surf .
I rip them on my second session . Phooq mi , go to wise and they only have my size in 5 mil.
They become my favorite, they never get floppy or fold over or balloon up with water , only down side is warmer feet lol

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
Stocked on these after getting them wet.

They performed as I hoped the would. Not quite as warm as some other options out there but I was perfectly comfortable in them. They stayed put and let very little water in. Didn't trip on them once and board feel was really good for a 5mm. Most days I'd be dumping half a cup out of my Oniells post session but with these it was only a few drips.

I'm already sold on the fit but hopefully they hold up over time. If they last me through winter, I'm good with that.

Be careful on sizing. If you're questioning which size you should get, go up a size. The 10's are pretty tight on me, but I think they will loosen up just a smidge.
stoked. Now to try their wetsuits.

Reactions: jkb

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
all that info you post and cant find some 3mm??
TBH, I quickly clicked through several parts of the website that seemed appropriate to try and find them.

Turns out they're not under the "Wetsuits" or "Accessories" section but instead the "Technical Accessories" part. I'm used to surf websites using that style of nomenclature to label their garbage such as tote bags, lighters, moustache wax, wet wipes, etc. Stuff I DGAF about. So I skipped it.

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
TBH, I quickly clicked through several parts of the website that seemed appropriate to try and find them.

Turns out they're not under the "Wetsuits" or "Accessories" section but instead the "Technical Accessories" part. I'm used to surf websites using that style of nomenclature to label their garbage such as tote bags, lighters, moustache wax, wet wipes, etc. Stuff I DGAF about. So I skipped it.
So glad I dont go on your type of surf websites with all those accessories :)