Manera Booties?

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
Goddam

I could go sans booties on a longboard or a longer board that is cruisy

But in cranking surf or waves lending to sick shredz i need to have full functional feet.
Are you annoyed that they leak some water in or is it enough that it is causing problems when surfing or making your feet cold?

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
good luck finding boots. I ripped my quick neogoo butter boots the other day right after I repaired the one that already had a tear. Footsies were cold on the long walks.

Everyone is pretty much tapped in normal human sized boots and I ended up with another pair of quicks.

Reactions: jkb and MathDebater

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Ask and you shall receive, the erbb delivers with a lightly pair of used xcels. Going to return my maneras, the bathtub test was not promising. The material between the toes appears to be much more like a mesh than neoprene. I don't think regular neoprene between the toes is an issue.

Reactions: jkb

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
good luck finding boots. I ripped my quick neogoo butter boots the other day right after I repaired the one that already had a tear. Footsies were cold on the long walks.

Everyone is pretty much tapped in normal human sized boots and I ended up with another pair of quicks.
Quik still makes wetsuits after KS left??
man, that takes away some of the street cred from your hipster Feral suit.

• Haha
Reactions: jkb and MathDebater

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Ha ha, I guess. LIke I said, only I could find this pair unfortunately.

Had a quick suit once, super comfortable but fell apart fast than a wetsuit made of toilet paper

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Are you annoyed that they leak some water in or is it enough that it is causing problems when surfing or making your feet cold?
The boots end up filling with water and because the toes area leaks there is a "cold toes" effect. If you're going to be sitting in the lineup in temps they were designed for (mid 50s) your feet are probably gonna be too cold.

For a $30 boot I'd expect it. For a $70 boot? No.

Reactions: MathDebater

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
If anyone gets a lead on size 10 3mm booties in SD slide into my dm’s. Drove up to OC for work and called every shop I could think of. No normal adult sized booties to be had
been trying to find the ripcurl 3mm flash bombs in 12 too.. no dice. Been using a pair of 5mm i bought a couople years ago by mistake. After 10 or sessions - im finally getting used to them but that extra 2mm is noticeable and unnecessary for sure.