JS warehouse Oceanside retaliation

May 10, 2018
is js still doing length over curve on their boarz??
Yep, both my hyfi and PU are measured that way.

Edit: *actually I've confused myself (which isn;t hard)...whichever way works out longer, that's how JS are measured. My 5'9 JS is easily as long as a 5'10 DHD.

Last edited:

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Around 1999 -2000 Clark foam had Rawson Blanks and the new Rusty close to shape Blanks

For some reason there seemed to be more foam - denser per volume in the Rusty Blanks in Blue and Green density

One company brought Glen Minami in to help support their glass shop

He used these rusty blanks while the main company used blanks from Oz

I told the owner the formula was changing for a few years

Both sold boards to Hanalei surf company

They eventually called complaing about denting and praied Glen's boards as and example of durability

Both being glassed by the same workers

The owner of the Oz built blanks was making what his customers wanted in Oz - smaller cells to absorb less resin to create lighter boards
Smallercells have thinner walls of plastic and crush easier

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
I'd love to find out what blank they are using for the Pyzel Ghosts made in Oz (TC Glasshouse at Tweed, not Currumbin).
Mine's 3 years old and fcukiing bulletproof.

And the weight/density feels perfect.

Reactions: bluengreen

ULUSURFER

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 2, 2007
Australia
Visit site
I'd love to find out what blank they are using for the Pyzel Ghosts made in Oz (TC Glasshouse at Tweed, not Currumbin).
Mine's 3 years old and fcukiing bulletproof.

And the weight/density feels perfect.
not sure the blanks or glassing but TC is known to be the best glasser on the coast. Impeccable glass jobs

Mr J

Michael Peterson status
Aug 18, 2003
Regional Vic, Australia
In the video you posted you can see the concaves restricting the release in those bottom turns
Greg, I think we have discussed this before? The release you are talking about is "whisker spray" from the plane being lifted out of the water. Whisker spray contributes nothing to lift, but is a known source of drag in speed boats - so some use "spray rails" - bars designed to deflect the spray to reduce drag. I sometimes wonder if that is what deep channels do.