JS warehouse Oceanside retaliation

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Yikes! That sh!t aint cool at all. I doubt the paint had even finished drying on that place.

I don't think that's an accurate representation of how the majority of the local's feel. Nutty has put his time in around oside. I can definitely see the smaller local underground shapers giving JS a hard time though. Thats probably who's behind this.

Reactions: john4surf

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Yikes! That sh!t aint cool at all. I doubt the paint had even finished drying on that place.

I don't think that's an accurate representation of how the majority of the local's feel. Nutty has put his time in around oside. I can definitely see the smaller local underground shapers giving JS a hard time though. Thats probably who's behind this.

You're full Firewire guy. You wouldn't get it.

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
WTF. Why are people protesting manufacturing in USA, California of all places? These are good jobs. Go protest Wallmart or Amazon, you ignorant sons of bitches! Edit: I can understand local shapers being pissed about another big manufacturer horning in on their sliver of market share.

Reactions: john4surf and Havoc

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
JS tried to do domestic boards. Had QC issues so they pulled the plug, IIRC.

oddly enough I had a domestic one made for one of the SD reps and it was better glassing than my oz board OTR.

Reactions: ReForest

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
WTF. Why are people protesting manufacturing in USA, California of all places? These are good jobs. Go protest Wallmart or Amazon, you ignorant sons of bitches! Edit: I can understand local shapers being pissed about another big manufacturer horning in on their sliver of market share.
I was told by the guy running stuff here in the US that there will be no USA production.

Reactions: ReForest

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
eeeeeeexactly.

They already attempted US production and as said before there were QC issues.

If I remember they also attempted to do some HyFis here in the US as well - in fact I'm pretty sure production was in O'side - not sure what happened. Maybe someone here has the info.

This is a brand that to me seems to make quality a focus - I'm no expert but the PU boards produced in OZ seem to be some of the highest quality workmanship I've seen.

It's kinda funny the warehouse is located across town from the shaping ghetto (that would clearly be asking for it) while one of the biggest surf shops in the county is in the same area and might as well be a warehouse for Firewire... yet it slips through unscathed.

Does anyone know if Mayhems are imported into OZ or is all production done there?