How’s the stock market?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
but seriously, I have a strange feeling …..is going to smoke those expected earnings

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
YELL daily is at support. If it's going to bounce, it should bounce here. Otherwise, next stop somewhere around 7.50

View attachment 122205
Never would have found this on my own, thanks r32. We gots to have truckers and logistics...
Just bought 200 shares @10.89
I would have liked to see the volume dry up a bit more as the price dropped, but the erbb said buy.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
It’s sneaky insane how much money the big game makers make.
Video game industry blew up (again) when iphone / app thing came about. Video games used to be just for kids through game consoles, now they are for everyone. Millions of game apps and billions of people playing them, every time they get bored. Waiting rooms, waiting to pick up kids, sitting on the toilet, in bed with yo girl and she got a headache. All app games, all the time.

Reactions: Subway

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Never would have found this on my own, thanks r32. We gots to have truckers and logistics...
Just bought 200 shares @10.89
I would have liked to see the volume dry up a bit more as the price dropped, but the erbb said buy.
have already made some money on this, thanks to Subway, when it swung up to $15 a month or two back. bought more on the strength of heavy insider buying over the last couple weeks. earnings report due in a couple weeks - we should then find out what the insiders presumably already know :cheers:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Hey, what is the ticker for the ETF/mutual fund that goes short?

And whew, glad I don't hold this....but probably do in the retirement index fund I have.

1642788390321.png

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria

And whew, glad I don't hold this....but probably do in the retirement index fund I have.

View attachment 122883

Markets taking a Rodney King beat down lately.

sussle

Oct 11, 2009

View attachment 122883
yeah but it's become one of the bellweather stocks - y'know, FAANG (Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix, Google). it's dragging a lot of stuff down with it.

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
Video game industry blew up (again) when iphone / app thing came about. Video games used to be just for kids through game consoles, now they are for everyone. Millions of game apps and billions of people playing them, every time they get bored. Waiting rooms, waiting to pick up kids, sitting on the toilet, in bed with yo girl and she got a headache. All app games, all the time.
Did you buy Activision before M$ announced their buyout? The market is taking a huge nose dive. Video games and uranium stocks for the win.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Did you buy Activision before M$ announced their buyout? The market is taking a huge nose dive. Video games and uranium stocks for the win.
I did not buy before the buyout. Wish I did. It went 40% instantly.

Markets in turmoil. Only made one trade today and it was in crypto on a shitcoin. Quickly exited for 5% gain on small play. Didn't touch stocks but took a look at my watchlist and lots of good buy opportunities inbound.

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
.... lots of good buy opportunities inbound.
it looks like it, but decided to wait and see how things shake out next week. fwiw, the VIX is not up, so there some reason to think things will rebound sooner rather than later.

my New Years resolution is to pay less attention to the Shiny Stuff sector (e.g. mobile this, meta that, e-com the other thing, fintech whatever etc) and start giving the stodgy sectors more attention - energy, industrials utilities etc. the fact that 40% of the NASDAQ is off 50% is a wake-up call for my portfolio :oops:

sussle

Oct 11, 2009
How can more than 100% of the shares be shorted? I wondered the same thing during the GameStop episode.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
lots of good buy opportunities inbound.
that’s the right way to look at it
was it always your instinct to look at it that way
something you trained yourself to see,
or you naturally evolved into that viewpoint just because that’s what you’ve experienced

im just curious

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
that’s the right way to look at it
was it always your instinct to look at it that way
something you trained yourself to see,
or you naturally evolved into that viewpoint just because that’s what you’ve experienced

im just curious
You want long or short ver?

• Haha