How’s the stock market?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
This. It's pure blowhardry. It's shitThatWontHappen.jpeg about a budget scrap in 2025 from someone highly likely to be unemployed by then with a non-zero chance of dropping dead before then. With a Senate hell-bent on his ruin and a friendly but weak House Majority at best.

Plus I am pretty sure anyone with two extra pennies to rub together is going to pay more taxes making money by doing nothing vs getting a second job serving Fourthmeals at Taco Beezy.

I'm more interested in an eventual rate cut (summer blend gas 8 ball says LOL NO R8 CUT 4U) and not finding out some idiots like Jamie Dimon spent the money that didn't go to hookers and blow on adjustable rate mortgages for commercial real estate in low-lying/fire hazard zones.

Reactions: grapedrink

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Best policy would be to abolish cap gains taxes completely and tax it all as income. That would help reduce class divisions in society and drive down the rates for everyone which is always a boost for the economy.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
go Google :cheers:

GOOG brings in $1 billion more than expected and declares a .20 per share dividend. exactly what this sagging tech rally needed :waving:
Alphabet shares rallied in extended trading on Thursday after the company reported results that topped analysts’ estimates, showed soaring profits in its cloud division and announced its first dividend.
Here are the results.
  • Earnings per share: $1.89 vs. $1.51 per share expected by LSEG
  • Revenue: $80.54 billion vs. $78.59 billion expected by LSEG
Wall Street is also watching several other numbers in the report:
  • YouTube advertising revenue: $8.09 billion vs. $7.72 billion expected, according to StreetAccount.
  • Google Cloud revenue: $9.57 billion vs. $9.35 billion expected, according to StreetAccount.
  • Traffic acquisition costs (TAC): $12.95 billion $12.74 billion expected, according to StreetAccount

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Would those clusters be maintained in SMCI units?

1714144531993.png

Please note that I have no idea if such a thing would be true or not, just putting this up there for the lolz and boost my pittance of shares. :p:computer:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
1 Thought general tendency for S&P500 listed firms is to warn on poor earnings, not good, but I wouldn't take that opinion/thought to the bank with "real" money.

2 I am expecting great earnings, which in this case is above predicted earnings, but I wouldn't take that opinion/thought to the bank with "real" money.

Which begs the question, what is "real" money? The money in my low cost index 401 funds.

PS
Full disclosure: I do have some SMCI at sub $400 in a retail account because life without risk can be somewhat dull.

Follow up to keep me honest... was wrong on @2...just good earnings:

Source

(Bloomberg) -- Super Micro Computer Inc. reported quarterly sales that tripled from the same period last year but fell slightly short of estimates, disappointing investors who had sky-high expectations that the server maker’s business would benefit from AI-related demand.

Revenue in the fiscal third quarter, which ended March 31, climbed to $3.85 billion, the company said Tuesday in a statement. That’s just below the consensus estimate of $3.86 billion, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. Profit, excluding some items, was $6.65 per share, ahead of the $5.58 expected by Wall Street analysts.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
thought about adding some SMCI and i'm glad i didn't. thought about adding some more CRWD and i'm glad i didn't. thought about adding some more NVDA and i'm glad didn't. :shrug:

meanwhile, the market is cooking, i guess coz everyone is deliriously happy the Fed didn't raise rates and the law of diminshing expectations rules the day. good day to sit tight. :waving: