How’s the stock market?

onetravels

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 20, 2003
encinitas
GS Goldman Sachs trades stocks, brings company's public. Does it trade straight in line with the S&P 500? It is influenced by it. However, it has it's own momentum. I am just looking at COIN thinking, if it could decouple, it could be interesting.

Last edited:

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Thank you, I was contemplating on which post I should put this on. You have algorithmic trading going on with all the exchanges. I think there could be more revenue and earnings for coinbase even in a pull back. I do not follow volume for crypto. Generally with exchanges that are publicly listed when volume in trading increases so does profit. I would assume even with this pullback volume of trading has increased. I would think this would lead to an increase in earnings and at some point this could decouple from the price of crypto. This is a public company trading crypto. I am not sure it makes sense that it follows the price of crypto so closely. I think fundamentally it is starting to look interesting.
COIN = Yellow
BTC = PINK

1643119190518.png

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Thank you, I was contemplating on which post I should put this on. You have algorithmic trading going on with all the exchanges. I think there could be more revenue and earnings for coinbase even in a pull back. I do not follow volume for crypto. Generally with exchanges that are publicly listed when volume in trading increases so does profit. I would assume even with this pullback volume of trading has increased. I would think this would lead to an increase in earnings and at some point this could decouple from the price of crypto. This is a public company trading crypto. I am not sure it makes sense that it follows the price of crypto so closely. I think fundamentally it is starting to look interesting.
Keep in mind other crypto exchanges like Kraken have started offering forex trading, as well as starting their own bank. Coinbase could potentially do the same. "Bank of Coinbase" where they could get much heavier into the lending side of things. Coinbase is already a giant, but they have the potential for so much more as crypto continues to grow. All things related to finance.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Markets rn after yesterdays rally be all like

View attachment 123136
dude we are mid binge on the Vikings. I remember really enjoying the first couple of seasons, but like so many shows we sort of forgot about it years ago. Went back and started where we left off in Season 3 and SO glad we did. In fact that scene that you just posted was EPIC. It's actually a REALLY impressive show when you factor in the fact that it was History channel, not HBO or Netflix or whoever, and that they really tried to stick close to the actual timeline of that period of Norse expansion and frustration. Pretty much all of the important kings and nobility etc all actually existed and participated in many of the events they depict. Count Odo in Paris, for one example. Very much a real historical figure, an important one, and they do a decent job of intertwining his real story with the fictionalized account taking place on the actual show

Reactions: JTS

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
dude we are mid binge on the Vikings. I remember really enjoying the first couple of seasons, but like so many shows we sort of forgot about it years ago. Went back and started where we left off in Season 3 and SO glad we did. In fact that scene that you just posted was EPIC. It's actually a REALLY impressive show when you factor in the fact that it was History channel, not HBO or Netflix or whoever, and that they really tried to stick close to the actual timeline of that period of Norse expansion and frustration. Pretty much all of the important kings and nobility etc all actually existed and participated in many of the events they depict. Count Odo in Paris, for one example. Very much a real historical figure, an important one, and they do a decent job of intertwining his real story with the fictionalized account taking place on the actual show
Worth watching til the end. Was real meh on Russia plot but over all totally epic. Think I’m going to rewatch just for all the extra stuff they put in that they didn’t have to that makes it so dank. Like there’s this one sick battle raging and you’re all like this is totally awesome and then sh!t gets realer and this huge Viking with a war hammer appears on the battlefield starts smashing dudes domes in.

Also like you said surprisingly historically accurate. Bunch of times I said yeah that didnt go down like that irl to be proven wrong

As for the stock market, me rn
1643164504577.jpeg

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Vikings is the best B-grade show around. lol.

Seriously, I enjoyed it. Too bad some really important characters can't really go on for many seasons. I think it got a biut worse near the end but still enjoyable.

Reactions: Chocki

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I kept some cash in my IRA and there are some really tempting buys (more BX, maybe more AAPL) but I'm holding tight and also selling nothing. Last week and beginning this week were sketchy.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Fed Meeting notes

FOMC Will Complete Monthly Bond-Buying Taper In Early March

*FOMC: It Will Soon Be Appropriate To Raise Fed Funds Rate

*FOMC: US Economy Continue To Improve, But Pandemic Weighing On Activity

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Got a win on SI. Picked it up Monday morning, sold today +8%. Every time r32 bans me for my COVID opinions, I spend my internet time more productively and make money! :LOL:
Or start betting on sports...
There might be more upside to Silvergate but I feel like I got the easy to see coming bounce.