Favorite flat or low arch traction pads?

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Sympl has a 3-piece pad for 29 w/free shipping. On their site and amazon. Have not used them but hear good things.
Yah I have their old flat 2piece and bought a few when they were on clearance. Big fan of them. their 2 piece is a bit too wide for a rounded pin. The 3s on Amazon aren’t in core Black/Black.

anyone try the ultra flat gorilla pads?

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
ended up just splurging on a couple full price astrodick nathan pads.

i must admit they're pretty nice.
astrohide is good as long as you have a wetsuit. lil knubs are dearh on the knees.

I won’t likely be riding the blackbird in trunks unless we get another Marie kind of Hurricane year so not an issue.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
damn the way he nerded out on the full length video of that made me want to buy this pad. I nerd out and razor cut my pads as well. I cut away at the kick part by the leash too! Kinda tripping he does the same thing.

• Haha
Reactions: oeste858 and sdsrfr

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
anyone try the ultra flat gorilla pads?
go0dk0115_blk_1.jpg

I bought two of these cause I thought they look cool, are flat and super thin, but they suck.
They get really hard in the water and I feel like you can't dig your toes/heel in when trying to shred.
I ended up ripping one off and giving the other away. Worst pad I've ever had.

Reactions: sdsrfr

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
the dorsal one i had absolutely sucked. like pathetic joke level of suck. those ho stevie ones don't look bad.
yah I tried and failed with a dorsal. weird to say not all tractions are equal. felt like a cheap pair of flip flops, don’t know how to otherwise explain the feeling under foot.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Insult to injury, a bad pad is the monkey on the back of a potentially good board.

I get it why industry charges what they do. We are fragile and insecure beings.