Favorite flat or low arch traction pads?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
silentbutdeadly said:
how did I not know about symple? Casa, can you compare the hardness to say a dakine (hard) or creatures (soft)?
They are perfect. Not to hard, not too soft. I have not ridden any other pads for a long time so I can't really compare, but best memory says they are a little softer than DaKine.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
weird, the number 1 appears to be a flat pad but it says it has a medium arch in the description.

Any issues with your foot sliding back with those one way grooves?

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
silentbutdeadly said:
weird, the number 1 appears to be a flat pad but it says it has a medium arch in the description.

Any issues with your foot sliding back with those one way grooves?

I don't understand why some pads put horizontal grooves on their pads.

Seems like you would want vertical grooves.

Reactions: ZeeHawk

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid

daave

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 28, 2002
Havoc I forget what it’s called but creatures makes a mick fanning wide pad that is exactly what you’re talking about. Have it on a fling and it fits without being giant.

Reactions: Havoc

smithgrind

Nep status
Dec 25, 2009
PNW
I realized I have flat pads on my under 6' boards and arch pads on my 6' and over boards. This was not
by design. I bought them based on what was on sale when I had a new board on order.

In fact, the first flat pad was a dakine hobgobs and I didn't know it was flat until it arrived by mail. I kinda
dig how this random cost saving shopping for something I don't really think about when I'm surfing came
together to form a specific order to my quiver.

FWIW, it's a mix of dakine and CI pads. No complaints with any of them.