Favorite flat or low arch traction pads?

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Hard to find the Kommunity Project flat Kelly one piece bullseye pads these days which were my go to.

What do you like in flat or very low arch traction pads (the fewer pieces the better)?

seaborne

OTF status
Apr 15, 2016
Kolohe Kardashian pad is winnerz. Best I've had in a while.

I wish astrodek would come back with the old school 3 piece pads with no kick. I don't mind arch as much as I dislike the kick.

I buy longboard pad kits and custom cut them to fit. Like we used to do with skateboard grip. The longboard kits are cheaper per square inch and I like the ghetto look.

absoludicrous

OTF status
Nov 2, 2010
north oc
I LOVED the CI Dane pad when it was super cheap on clearance on CI's site. Don't love it for the full retail price.

My new favorite is the Creatures Flat two piece pad. Reasonable price, pretty good feel/grip, decent colors, flat, two piece. It's pretty much everything I usually look for in a pad.

bobwarren

Nep status
Feb 24, 2016
Neptune Beach FL
The only thing I don't like about Creatures pads is also something I do like. The kick is a very hard/dense foam, which I like. I mean, what's really the point of a nice kick if the foam is so soft it just collapses to nothing under any pressure (like some Dakines). The downside of the dense foam on the Creatures pads is that depending on how narrow the tail is and how it's foiled, the kick doesn't want to stick near the rails if the tail is more foiled out and the kick doesn't have a "flat" place to adhere to. Whereas softer pads will more or less form to the deck a little better.

absoludicrous

OTF status
Nov 2, 2010
north oc
I noticed that too when I first applied the pad. But it seems to be fine after it sticks well. I've put on three boards and none of them have had any issues yet. While I loved my Dane pads, two of them started coming off and I had to spray some 3M Super 77 to get it to stick again.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
My dos centavos:

Chloe astroglider asspad: Huge in every way but best grip and hardness I've ever had ( :blush:)

Dane: A little soft and I would prefer the kick to be a bit more abrupt. Least durable pad IMO.

Dakin hobgood: Used to be my favorite but it's too stinkin hard. Some durability issues but not bad.

Gorilla Grip flat: Rode two sessions on the EVO I demo'd and really liked it. Hardness somewhere between the dakine and astrodeck pad.

Can someone comment on the Conner pad? I saw one in the store and I like it. Is it harder than the Dane pad? Seemed to be.

Damn, this is a nerdy thread :roflmao:

Reactions: Aruka

bobwarren

Nep status
Feb 24, 2016
Neptune Beach FL
seaborne said:
Kolohe Kardashian pad is winnerz. Best I've had in a while.

I wish astrodek would come back with the old school 3 piece pads with no kick. I don't mind arch as much as I dislike the kick.

I buy longboard pad kits and custom cut them to fit. Like we used to do with skateboard grip. The longboard kits are cheaper per square inch and I like the ghetto look.
Try the Dakine fish, sometimes called the "big foot" pad, not to be confused with the "retro fish" pad. It's a 6 piece pad but the kick is it's own piece so it can be used with or without the kick.

Jul 3, 2013
I have used the Modom two piece and gorilla grip two piece flat pads....liked the Modom a little better, decent grip, but size is perfect and its held up well