Different strains....

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
What is the secret to growing such giant buds? No matter how long I allow my plants to flower indoors, or outdoors, I never seem to get the giant buds I see only in photos.

My outdoor grow is nearly done. I'm thinking of an indoor grow now, using a storage shed during this winter. Here in Socal, I would start them indoors around Nov 1st for the cool weather. Any suggestions for a good variety, and seed company to use? Maybe Humbolt or North Atlantic. Something that produces big, dense buds, with high THC % in a small space? My preference is mostly Indica because I like the looks of Indicas.

Anyone experienced with extracting oil from your buds using alcohol? That is the only method I want to use now. My understanding is that if you do it right, the right temperature, for the right amount of time, you can produce an oil that one drop is more than enough dose!

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
What is the secret to growing such giant buds? No matter how long I allow my plants to flower indoors, or outdoors, I never seem to get the giant buds I see only in photos.

My outdoor grow is nearly done. I'm thinking of an indoor grow now, using a storage shed during this winter. Here in Socal, I would start them indoors around Nov 1st for the cool weather. Any suggestions for a good variety, and seed company to use? Maybe Humbolt or North Atlantic. Something that produces big, dense buds, with high THC % in a small space? My preference is mostly Indica because I like the looks of Indicas.

Anyone experienced with extracting oil from your buds using alcohol? That is the only method I want to use now. My understanding is that if you do it right, the right temperature, for the right amount of time, you can produce an oil that one drop is more than enough dose!
GENETICS, nutrients and good LIGHT (especially Indoor)...also new growers cut wayyy too early

Last edited:
Reactions: Aquaman2

encladd

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 8, 2019
That's up to genetics and what you put into the soil. I built my own soil going with a full organic Coot's mix. Going full organic and top dressing to feed will get you the best product IMO then you have to be willing to learn the science and use the best ingredients. Buying a bottle of nutes isn't going to cut it.

Once you have your soil dialed in, there's not a lot more to do.

Last edited:

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
maybe you just suck at it. do you grow anything else? tomatoes? roses? berries? green beans? how do they do for you?

theres alot of technical weed kook grow info out there at this point but growing anything has always just been a feel thing as far as im concerned.

beyond that genetics. start with the right seed or clone to reach your goal in your particular situation.

beyond that i got nothing

IMG_4024.jpeg
dos si dos 9-18-2023

IMG_4030.jpeg
banana krumble

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015

You’re talking about FECO- Full Extract Cannibus Oil and you use 151 and frozen buds to do it.

It’s extremely potent but like most edibles the high is completely different

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
Does anyone got some good strain rec similar to sour diesel?

I like sativas during the day. Especially after surfing. Indica just seems to put me to sleep.

• Love
Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

wedge2

Billy Hamilton status
Jan 20, 2011
Does anyone got some good strain rec similar to sour diesel?

I like sativas during the day. Especially after surfing. Indica just seems to put me to sleep.
White Widow from Dutch Passion is still my go to for sativa...sh!t will make me clean my house haha and then mellows out a bit. I grow my own outdoor.

Last edited:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I thought weed was gonna be super expensive because of that giant tax, but it seems that's not necessarily the case. Found some good deals, like 4g for $30, and not too shabby. Muy bueno!
My first trip post recreational was mind-blowing. You can just...waltz into a storefront at your convenience.....and choose from eleventy types of primo.

And yes, fuerte, flavonoid, and redeyes among others, your boutique old-head-know-how sh!t BTFO quite a bit of the dispensary stuff. Much respect. But for the average dude who everyone thought was a cop when he was a 17 year old freshman in college, readily available chemmy frankenweed is still a next level game changer.

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
At the same time I decided to grab a pre-roll at the Green Goddess in Venice Beach and it was $30 after tax!! The second I paid for it I was like "why did you just do that??! you got amazing pre-rolls for $10 not far from here, you complete idiot!"...
BTW, the $10 pre-rolls I had gotten prior were much better than the $30 one. So stupid...