Different strains....

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
You understand.

Feds flexed on ya?
:roflmao::roflmao::shameonyou: in all the years, all the hauls, all the loads, all the harvests, hundreds, nay thousands of pounds.... NEVA EVA gave da man reason to suspect a gawd damned thing.

Only thing "they" ever got me on was unpaid traffic and parking tickets. Did a night in jail awaiting a judge to let me arse free, and I promised him NEVA EVA to set foot in any jail, prison, penitentiary, nor even a local county lock up.

:shameonyou::shameonyou::shameonyou:

The reason for this debauchery is totally different. We're putting in a swimming pool. 10 x 5 x 1,5 meters and 2 two and a half deep diving holes where the Ficus trees used to be.... a redneck water fountain with three pipes coming out of a wall creating water flow. Approximately 75,000 liters of fresh water in our own backyard.

On an island with water problems.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::foreheadslap::loser:

You might say we've gone mad.

But it's about the future sale of the home. Pools are HUGE here, for obvious reasons with all the heat, and adding one should cost us under 30k all said and done, but boost property value by approx. 40-50k for retail sale.

Plus, I want to enjoy it before we split.

And I have enough grow area still in the corner under the palm tree, and tons more in the front yard and terraces.

Swimming pools, movie stars! The Fuerteventura Hill-billies.

:monkey::drowning::monkey:

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
You spent a night in jail for tickets?
Yup... moved around A LOT in college, and even more just after before I started working to pay taxes.

F.T.A. (failure to appear) in court over even a j-walking citation will get you sn outstanding bench warrant for your arrest. When said arrest happens on a Saturday night in the wee hours of the a. m. you get held over until a judge shows up to let you out. Guess the judge had an early golf date on Sunday, cause I went in at 2:30am and did not leave until 11:30am Sunday. It was a most interesting night. Made some great business connections. Met the guy who tired to kill Curtis Slewa (Guardian Angels NYC guy?) who was trying to plead to two murders in D.C., because according to his attorney he'd get less there than in NYC. Saw a kid get his head stuffed into a toilet literally full of crap because he thought playing the tough guy was the way to go.... NOT! I made friends with the dope dealers and murderers right away and hing out in "their" corner. Having partied with Len Bias made a HUGE IMPRESSION on them.

So, yeah, night in Upper Marlboro because of a bench warrant for an FTA on a stack of outstanding parking tickets and speeding violations.

:foreheadslap::loser::monkey:

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
yikes!

A thread-related story- A good friend of mine had to spend a night in the Center St "tombs" because a cop saw his pot plant growing out of his kitchen window in Brooklyn (20 years ago now i think). And my homie was NOT a tough guy. BUt he said overall it wasn't as gnarly as he thought it would be. Scary characters for sure, like 50 to a cell, but nobody really hassled him (scrawny hipster-ish white kid)

Desperate times call for desperate measures
1694112410741.png

bruhdakine

Miki Dora status
Jul 7, 2003
PNW
IMG_6452.JPEG
Another month or so until harvest. These three are about 5 feet tall. Not bad for my yard with limited direct sun. I had 4 but left them for a month while we went to Maui and had neighbors and friends water and feed them and in that time one of them developed into a full blown male. Luckily one friend saw it when he was watering and got rid of it.

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Who are the most respected mail-order seed companies?
most of the bigger seed companies are in europe so payment and shipping is a hassle if you are in the usa

seedsman has a great selection of breeders to choose from and they are reliable once you figure out how you want to pay them. though i have had issues with their online inventory not being up to date

herbies usa is better in terms of inventory accuracy ease of payment.and shipping speed but there selection is somewhat limited.

both have excellent seed viability. as always with this ymmv

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Who are the most respected mail-order seed companies?
In the US I'd chevk out Humbolt Seed Co. They have solid strains and seem reputable. Never had a problem with them and I'm out here.

Re: what doc said, if you boys want to get an order together from any EU seed banks, I'd be down to receive them and reship. Costly, but I will use a carrier company like DHL, FedEx, UPS, etc...

Just let me know, I'll order some too.

I use sensi seeds normally their white label lines. Though lately I have taken to growing free seeds given out with the Spanish High Times equivalent magazine... incredible results.

But I could use a reboot of some tangie auto and some honey melon auto.

:shrug:

Reactions: Aquaman2

encladd

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 8, 2019
Came here to vent and for some comradery. In NCSD right now and it’s drizzling again! Worst summer ever and I'm not even including the lack of surf.

We’ve had the first tropical cyclone in 85 years followed by cold and drizzly for days at a time. This is supposed to be the fucking desert and it’s supposed to be hot and dry this time of year!

I've never grown fatter or stickier buds and boy did I pick the wrong year to start lol. Already lost one plant entirely due to bud rot and the other one is hanging on by a thread. Probably had to chop 25% so far.

IMG_4709.jpeg