Covid Skepticism

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
"Most of us were skeptical that this was as deadly as the media made it out to be. Several studies have confirmed and IFR in the range of seasonal influenza. The Imperial College guy Ferguson who scared the world turned out to be a charlatan and a liar and was caught breaking the social distancing rules he helped established. He has subsequently resigned in disgrace."

Globally, about 3.4% of reported COVID-19 cases have died. By comparison, seasonal flu generally kills far fewer than 1% of those infected. W.H.O. source (Yes I am aware this number is based on people who who been tested, hence me acknowledging skepticism regarding data sets, but still, preponderance of the current available vetted information says this is worse than influenza.

"I'm am skeptical that total lockdown is the answer. We went from a 15 "flattening the curve" to manage hospital resources to "Total defeat of the virus" through lockdown and a bunch of other stuff that hasn't been invented. The latter is not scientifically possible without a vaccine."

I don't think the last sentence is valid in all circumstances. Take HIV/AIDs. No vaccine as of today, yet rates have dropped over time. Kinda proves (a variation of) quarantining works:

1590602002269.png
(Source)

"We seem to have gotten all the drawbacks of lockdown and none of the benefits since several states were sending COVID-infected elderly BACK TO NURSING HOMES rather than protecting and isolating them. NJ and NY accounted for 40% of our deaths where nursing homes were forced to accept COVID patients. This seems like murder to me. Other states were hit relatively lightly. This was very similar to Italy where Milan got hammered but the rest of Italy was rather lightly-affected. Why a one-size fits all solution for every state?"

The elderly in the assisted care situations got rocked. A few things worked against them, but in a way, this is what quarantining the sick together does. Acknowledging that grouping sick people together helps slow community spread is a first step towards understanding that tough decisions have difficult outcomes. I am not sure how this is murder when viewed through the prism of public health and besides, isn't this what the masses want? "You sick people, stay away from me."

"I guess you could say I'm skeptical of our government's response and their lack of acknowledgement of trade-offs (ie 40 million jobs lost) due to lockdown. Some will say that lockdown prevented more deaths. This is a form of post hoc ergo propter hoc. It has to be proven, ie, inferred carefully from the data and statistics. To the extent that it's true, the deaths have just been pushed into the future rather than taken all at once since we can't reduce the R0 of the virus to zero. "

The lockdown and trade offs.....yeah, I don't have much more than platitudes. "I am not sure there is a perfect solution to this type of pandemic" and "damned if you do, damned if you don't". Many people take sides depending on their circumstances, which is par for the course of society. I am hopeful that we do not fall apart like Western Civilization did with the Plague. A Depression of 1-10 years seems like a small price to pay if we avoid a novel human-adapted corona virus induced Dark Age of a few hundred years.....sorry for the hyperbole, using it for illustrative purposes and because we just don't know all there is about this still changing virus. The idea that we are simply pushing deaths into the future is a bit of an illogical statement. Being alive now and for the foreseeable future means always pushing death into the future.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Globally, about 3.4% of reported COVID-19 cases have died. By comparison, seasonal flu generally kills far fewer than 1% of those infected. W.H.O. source (Yes I am aware this number is based on people who who been tested, hence me acknowledging skepticism regarding data sets, but still, preponderance of the current available vetted information says this is worse than influenza.
That's the Case Fatality Rate, not the IFR. The WHO mixed statistics: they compared the CFR of COVID to the IFR of seasonal influenza back in March, which was totally irresponsible. 2 months later, this faulty comparison is still being used. I was comparing the COIVD IFR to the influenza IFR.

This is why most of us have stopped posting. We're tired of re-hashing these things. We've said our peace.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
We're tired of re-hashing these things. We've said our peace.
Totally. But I have one more thing that I've held back on for months. Here it is...

People can look at the same data, agree on the facts, and take away VERY different meanings.

My extended family has a strong tradition of letting nature take its course at the end of life and handing money to the next generation rather than burning those resources on medical care. One of my uncles even took matters into his own hands and ended his life when a terminal illness progressed to the point that he was going to have to go into an assisted living situation.

He wrote a letter to the family explaining that he was happy with his life - raised kids that he was so proud of, had a beautiful wife that he loved, traveled the world, built a business that made him a wealthy man, did his part in WWII. He begged us all to remember all that was good in his life. And we do. He was balls deep into it from beginning to end. And he said this...

"Living is so much more than not dying".

When I look at our response to covid through that lens, I feel like we are trading away a lot of living in exchange for a little bit of not dying. Its a bad trade in my tribe's book.

If that sounds crazy to you, then good for you! The trade has been made, so there's really no point in my trying to convince anyone of anything anyways at this point.

May the force be with you!

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Quick summary of where I'm at presently.....since I see other's trying to speak for me....

1) Overall....I see the numbers of cases and deaths have been grossly inflated due to the inaccuracy of the PCR test and death certificate monkey business.
2) Numbers overall no worse than a bad flu season....clearly not a gross pandemic.
3) Leads me to believe there's a much bigger agenda afoot.....
4) Backed up by World Economic Forum papers....Event 201.....ID2020....Contract tracing...Agenda2030...Vaccine craze....Major economic impacts....MSM going full tilt New Normal BS....world wide effects and controls in play as we speak....unprecedented.
5 Beginning to believe Germ Theory is still an unproven theory (viruses never proven to be a pathogen ala Koch's Postulates) and that Terrain Theory is perfectly logical.....we get sick due to external influences like toxins, pollutions, EMF, bad diet, lack of exercise/sleep....i.e. poor immune system health....and we're cyclical beings ala flu season....
6) 5G is just another threat to our immune system....new frequencies....new illnesses? And...it's going in full speed during lockdown?

That's it....still researching reading watching everything....like a squirrel on a nut.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Italy Says 96% of Virus Fatalities Suffered From Other Illnesses

Way to cherry-pick a data-point headline from Bloomberg.

Italy also says "the average age of virus cases is 62 years old, about 30% of those infected are under 50."

Watervalley

OTF status
Dec 27, 2016
Huh
I found this interesting last friday night , Cate Shanahan , how they have studies on cholesterol on the people who died in Wuhan under 50 years old and they had low LDL not the right LDL eggs meat etc , first time Ive actually heard stats.

Just got done recording
@RealTimers
with Bill Maher. Watch on HBO May 22, 2020 and see if you can tell how many bullets I'm sweating

4:46 PM · May 21, 2020·Twitter Web App
Retweets

Reactions: Aquaman2

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Has anything ever happened that didn't lead you to believe there's a much bigger agenda afoot?
Only when the evidence pointed to an organic event.....vs. a planned one.
In some cases it's not a belief....it's knowledge.
Known BS.
In this case....still searching for the key....
But I do know this...
Germ Theory is on the ropes...
And it seems the NWO folks have exposed their game plan...
...for those that have eyes that see.
Time will tell.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
One of the traits of the conspiracy monger is the belief that they know better than everyone else.

Everyone is else is a fool.

Hmmm.

Sound like anyone we know? :poop: