Covid Skepticism

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
we were all thoroughly warned by even Facebook and YouTube themselves that "beware, the Russians and Chinese and various foreign agents are going to double down on their misinformation, hacking, divisive postings, and fear mongering, and we will try to stop a lot of it but we can't police every square inch of our universes at all times so please use your own common sense while watching and ingesting content, especially if it <insert list of suspicious tell tales here>

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
When snarky leftist bring up "Science Denial" you can bet they've been cornered and are losing in an argument of basic common sense and practical experience.
So "common sense" and "practical experience" is now better than scientific facts.

Especially your common sense? :poop:

FYI, science encompasses both of those things and much, much more.

I guess YouTube trumps all of it?

Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 2.18.01 PM.png

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
2.5% antibody prevalence for an IFR of .17%, or in the range of seasonal flu (same thing everyone else has found). We only need to get to 65-70% for this to be over:
That article reports on a debate among researchers regarding both the antibody prevalence rate and the IFR. You summarize the low end numbers as conclusive. Why?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
That article reports on a debate among researchers regarding both the antibody prevalence rate and the IFR. You summarize the low end numbers as conclusive. Why?
Allow me to interject...

PRCD constantly posts research that is not conclusive or peer reviewed and tries to sell them as facts.

Also, the right leaning sources he links most of the time, cloud his arguments significantly.

Thanks you.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
So "common sense" and "practical experience" is now better than scientific facts.

Especially your common sense? :poop:

FYI, science encompasses both of those things and much, much more.

I guess YouTube trumps all of it?

View attachment 90872
You didn't grasp the post you were replying to. The comment was not about the merits of science versus common sense. Mine was a commentary on the debate tactics of people like you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonahbrah

goingoutside

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 7, 2016
All that conspiring must be exhausting.

Is there a bible quote for that?
" For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers,
against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against the spiritual wickedness in high places. "

Ephesians 6:12 KJV

....I am goingoutside now..." For we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth. " 2 Corinthians 13:8 KJV....

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
You didn't grasp the post you were replying to. The comment was not about the merits of science versus common sense. Mine was a commentary on the debate tactics of people like you.
GD....you hit the nail on the head with you earlier post....as has JB previously....
Truth has a weird effect of people....first they ridicule....then they violently reject and oppose.....then it's accepted as self evident.
Unless it's their job....then they just follow a script....seeming engaging in a rational discussion from time to time but never acknowledging any opposing argument as correct nor admitting their's is BS.
Their games exposed for all to see.
Cheers.

Interesting discussion here.....especially just past the 1 hour mark....
This situation has caused a bunch of people to question what's going on...
I see it everyday....just a simple question like "What do you think about all this?" gets people talking.

• Dislike
Reactions: afoaf

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
All that conspiring must be exhausting.

Is there a bible quote for that?
Since you asked,
John 8:44-45 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 But because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me.

• Love
Reactions: Autoprax

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
YouTube has been removing CV-19 related vids faster than Costco shoppers on a new pallet of toilet paper....
I wish you would research these videos before you posted them. I chose one thing to fact check: HR 748 - CARES ACT, introduced January 2019. Sounds weird, right. A bill to deal with Covid-19 introduced to the house a year before the actual pandemic? A little research on congress.gov throws out that idea.

1) go to congress.gov
2) search HR748 (you will notice it was actually introduced in January 2019), click on that bill when the search returns
3) go to the drop-down box that says "There are 5 summaries for HR 748" You will notice it starts with "public law 3/25/20" Click that menu and click on "introduced in house" then read the summary of the bill. Here's what is says:

"
Introduced in House (01/24/2019)
Middle Class Health Benefits Tax Repeal Act of 2019

This bill repeals the excise tax on employer-sponsored health care coverage for which there is an excess benefit (high-cost plans). The repeal applies to taxable years beginning after December 31, 2019."

4) then go to the drop down and pick "passed house 7/17/19" and it says:

"Passed House (07/17/2019)

(Sec. 2) This bill repeals the excise tax on employer-sponsored health care coverage for which there is an excess benefit (high-cost plans). The repeal applies to taxable years beginning after December 31, 2019. (Under current law, the tax is scheduled to take effect in 2022.)

(Sec. 3) This section exempts the budgetary effects of this bill from the Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGO) scorecards maintained under the Statutory Pay-As-You-Go Act of 2010 or by the Senate under the FY2018 congressional budget resolution."

5) then go to passed Senate 3/25/2020, at that point you get Covid stuff.

Lots of bills go through iterations, most go nowhere, which is exactly how our government was designed, to make it hard to pass law.

Last edited:
Reactions: afoaf and Mr Doof

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
I wish you would research these videos before you posted them. I chose one thing to fact check: HR 748 - CARES ACT, introduced January 2019. Sounds weird, right. A bill to deal with Covid-19 introduced to the house a year before the actual pandemic? A little research on congress.gov throws out that idea.

1) go to congress.gov
2) search HR748 (you will notice it was actually introduced in January 2019), click on that bill when the search returns
3) go to the drop-down box that says "There are 5 summaries for HR 748" You will notice it starts with "public law 3/25/20" Click that menu and click on "introduced in house" then read the summary of the bill. Here's what is says:

"
Introduced in House (01/24/2019)

This bill repeals the excise tax on employer-sponsored health care coverage for which there is an excess benefit (high-cost plans). The repeal applies to taxable years beginning after December 31, 2019."

4) then go to the drop down and pick "passed house 7/17/19" and it says:

"Passed House (07/17/2019)

(Sec. 2) This bill repeals the excise tax on employer-sponsored health care coverage for which there is an excess benefit (high-cost plans). The repeal applies to taxable years beginning after December 31, 2019. (Under current law, the tax is scheduled to take effect in 2022.)

(Sec. 3) This section exempts the budgetary effects of this bill from the Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGO) scorecards maintained under the Statutory Pay-As-You-Go Act of 2010 or by the Senate under the FY2018 congressional budget resolution."

5) then go to passed Senate 3/25/2020, at that point you get Covid stuff.

Lots of bills go through iterations, most go nowhere, which is exactly how our government was designed, to make it hard to pass law.
I guess you missed it when I posted that vid by Highimpactvlogs where he discussed this....the bill started out under a different name. Yeah...I cringed a bit when Richie mentioned it in the video above....any comments on anything else discussed in that one?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Sounds like the East Coast states will start trying to protect the elderly:
But officials changed their tune Tuesday morning, when Gov. Tom Wolf told reporters the state would implement a “fairly radical” plan to conduct surveillance testing “once a week for everybody — employees and patients and clients.” The guidance, however, did not specifically say all testing would occur once a week.

As of Tuesday, Pennsylvania reported 12,130 cases of COVID-19 inside 540 long-term care facilities. More than 2,600 residents have died.

The reversal comes after a Spotlight PA investigation published Saturday found the state had a robust plan to protect nursing homes from the coronavirus, but never fully implemented it, and has since resisted calls to take the kind of action the administration is now proposing.

Other states committed to widespread testing at nursing home facilities weeks ago.

In late April, Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan ordered universal coronavirus testing at nursing homes, including all staff and residents, regardless of whether they had symptoms. The governor also mandated a daily evaluation of all residents. Massachusetts, West Virginia, and Tennessee have also prioritized testing.

Over the weekend, New York state followed suit, with Gov. Andrew Cuomo announcing nursing home staff would be tested twice each week. New Jersey said Tuesday that all residents and staff will be tested for the virus by the end of May.

Also Tuesday, Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro announced that criminal investigations had been launched into several nursing homes, and he urged those with concerns about criminal conduct to contact his office.
How many lives would've been saved by doing this sooner? Half the deaths are in NY and NJ. Public Health officials seem very confused. For example, Dr. Levin of PA is confused about his sex. A fortiori, how can he figure out something more complicated?

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
I guess you missed it when I posted that vid by Highimpactvlogs where he discussed this....the bill started out under a different name. Yeah...I cringed a bit when Richie mentioned it in the video above....any comments on anything else discussed in that one?
No, because I stopped watching it. I have not watched every video you posted, nor read all of your posts.

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
No, because I stopped watching it. I have not watched every video you posted, nor read all of your posts.
Good for you bro...
Do you carry around a bag of sponges to sop up all the Kool-Aid leaking out of your orifices?

• Dislike
Reactions: afoaf

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Known coronaviruses are highly seasonal (hence cold and flu season):
Could it be possible that humans are cyclical beings and we detox / get sick during this time of year?
That's the gist of Terrain Theory...vs. Germ Theory....