Covid Skepticism

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
While I'm certainly not promoting recklessness, I'm not sure this bug warrants the hysteria. There doesn't seem to be a rational voice anywhere in leadership, and none of the docs I know are overly concerned that this presents an imminent threat to the population at large.

It's just not passing the smell test. I'm sure I'm going to get flamed for this, but I'm a skeptic. Also effed up my surf trip, so I'm sour.

You and your doctor's comments are based on observations of a quarantined, highly mitigated society with an excellent medical response record. Of COURSE they appear mild.

The virus? Not so much.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
As of today here's what opening up in the sunshine and heat has done for Texans:

.....thanks to people who don't take the threat seriously.

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
When the virus does go away, as they do, what are the 5G believer folks gonna say?
Same thing they've been saying since before the corona?
You know some places have outright banned it due to health concerns...right?

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
no it isn't

the remaining tendrils of your credibility, however....
Can you provide scientific proof that viruses are pathogenic?

Note this debate, Germ vs. Terrain Theory, has been going on for like 150 years...
Here's a old book on the subject...
Reviews...
"It’s strange to realize that the two parts in this book actually were printed way back, respectively in 1923 and 1942, so why has the truth about Pasteur and the vaccination been buried for so long?"

"Modern medicine needs to return to this bifurcation point and take the pleomorphic path. When this phenomenon is truly understood drugs poisons will disappear as do all things which outlive their usefulness. This book is required reading for anyone choosing to understand how the body heals."

"A very interesting look at two rivals in science. Pasteur, who touts the germ theory of medicine, and Bechamp, who had a broader theory of health and medicine much akin to the current Microbiome theory of medicine."

Still reading and researching....but so far it appears Pasteur was a doofus.....a known deceiver....

From Wiki...
"He was the director of the Pasteur Institute, established in 1887, until his death, and his body was interred in a vault beneath the institute. Although Pasteur made groundbreaking experiments, his reputation became associated with various controversies. Historical reassessment of his notebook revealed that he practiced deception to overcome his rivals.[9][10]
Controversies
A French national hero at age 55, in 1878 Pasteur discreetly told his family never to reveal his laboratory notebooks to anyone. His family obeyed, and all his documents were held and inherited in secrecy. Finally, in 1964 Pasteur's grandson and last surviving male descendant, Pasteur Vallery-Radot, donated the papers to the French national library (Bibliothèque nationale de France). Yet the papers were restricted for historical studies until the death of Vallery-Radot in 1971. The documents were given a catalogue number only in 1985.[96]
In 1995, the centennial of the death of Louis Pasteur, a historian of science Gerald L. Geison published an analysis of Pasteur's private notebooks in his The Private Science of Louis Pasteur, and declared that Pasteur had given several misleading accounts and played deceptions in his most important discoveries.[9][97] Max Perutzpublished a defense of Pasteur in The New York Review of Books.[98] Based on further examinations of Pasteur's documents, French immunologist Patrice Debré concluded in his book Louis Pasteur (1998) that, in spite of his genius, Pasteur had some faults. A book review states that Debré "sometimes finds him unfair, combative, arrogant, unattractive in attitude, inflexible and even dogmatic".[99][100]"

Not worried about any perceived credibility issue....clearly.
Doing my best to bring facts to the table.
Believing is the enemy of knowing....

Guy says umma a bunch....but some gems in this set...

Last edited:

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore
The virus is real. However, the mortality rate is not. And the tests are fake.

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
I'm beginning to heavily doubt there's any proof that the tings we call viruses are pathogenic....i.e. they don't make you sick like we've been taught....can't pass 'em along....not living organisms. Brilliant scam....

Now poisons...and toxins.....could be at play I suppose....but personally don't think so...

The bioweapon virus angle just increases the fear factor.....

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
This news item suggests bat corona virus met pangolin corona virus and bing bang boom, recombination error brings us to now.

No idea if the idea of the randomness of sweet infinity (aka 'life') is reassuring or not, but I do think it is useful to consider it when trying to understand things and get along down the road.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
This news item suggests 5g tower corona virus met colloidal silver corona virus and bing bang boom, recombination error brings us to now.

No idea if the idea of the randomness of sweet infinity (aka 'life') is reassuring or not, but I do think it is useful to consider it when trying to understand things and get along down the road.

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore
I'm beginning to heavily doubt there's any proof that the tings we call viruses are pathogenic....i.e. they don't make you sick like we've been taught....can't pass 'em along....not living organisms. Brilliant scam....

Now poisons...and toxins.....could be at play I suppose....but personally don't think so...

The bioweapon virus angle just increases the fear factor.....
I can understand why. Have you read? -

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
The reviews of that book are entertaining:

Jeffrey H. Mindich

1.0 out of 5 stars If you could return Kindle books I would return this one
Reviewed in the United States on August 27, 2017
Verified Purchase
This book is hardly about epigenetics, but then how can you expect a book on epigenetics when the author doesn't even know what epigenetics is? Wallach states in the book, "The story of epigenetics is the story of nutrition and nutritional deficiency at the enzyme, chromosomal, and gene level, and how they affect the duplication and transmission of DNA." Really? Don't get me wrong; nutrition is extremely important and of course will affect gene expression, but to call epigenetics simply "the story of nutrition and nutritional deficiency" ignores the broader and more important implications of epigenetics.

In line with being off the topic of epigenetics, the first 25% of the book is a protracted history of medicine throughout time, followed by a thrashing of modern medical practice. I don't necessarily disagree with Wallach's criticisms, but then once again, it has nothing to do with epigenetics. He goes on to talk a lot about nutritional deficiencies, such as pellagra and beriberi. He also gives a very strange example of how genetically similar ducks fed differently experienced different growth. Again, basic nutrition, not epigenetics. Wallach draws a strange conclusion also in this regard. He says, "A human parallel to the duck experiment is the Japanese immigrants, who originally came to the United States as small wiry people about four foot eleven inches tall and weighing 100 pounds soaking wet. Their genetic potential for growth and development was never achieved by eating the low calorie, low nutrient Japanese rice, vegetable and fish diet of their native Japan. The second generation Japanese, conceived and born in the United States, were a different story. The number-one son over the next generation was six feet four inches tall, weighed 240 pounds and played tight end for the USC football team. Their genetic background was the same, however, their potential for height and physical development was more completely fulfilled by having access to unlimited calories, meat, protein, milk, eggs, vegetables, and vitamin and mineral supplements." Also, if you want to put this in the context of affecting genes, it might be worth noting that these second generation Japanese with "access to unlimited calories, meat, protein, milk, eggs, vegetables, and vitamin and mineral supplements" also started having cancer, heart disease, and diabetes rates considerably higher than in their native Japan, and more in line with Americans.

A huge portion of this book is also very much autobiographical information (strangely written in the 3rd person) dealing with Wallach's educational and professional career. I will admit some of it is interesting with regards to the obstacles he faced when going up against traditional medical and scientific ideas. But again, not about epigenetics, very little of which is covered in this book.

When it comes to causes and cures of disease, Wallach seems to be prisoner to Maslow's "if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail" syndrome, as he sees everything as a mineral deficiency. He suggests that diabetes in nothing more than a simple mineral deficiency that can be cured with supplementation.

Perhaps most disturbingly, he suggests homosexuality is also due to nutritional deficiencies, saying that he has "interviewed hundreds of gay men and women and found that in each case the mother of the gay male or female was in nutritional distress during their pregnancy. The women either had gluten intolerance (low efficiency of absorption), were alcoholics, or had low income with reduced access to healthy food, or failed to use prenatal vitamins and minerals, etc." WOW!

I love the convenience of Kindle books, but one major drawback is unlike a printed book, you can't return it to Amazon. If you could I would return this one.

Reactions: enframed

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I wouldn't even click on that guys links.

I think like of course the rates are going up after reopening, everybody is no longer cooped up hiding from the inevitable. Good job everybody! Now let's get back to whatever it was we were doing. There was some pretty serious sh!t going on before the pandemic and recent riots, so let's work on that again maybe

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
This news item suggests bat corona virus met pangolin corona virus and bing bang boom, recombination error brings us to now.

Viruses are able to cross species now?

Mr. Doof....have you run across any scientific evidence that a virus can cause a disease....per Koch's Postulates or the like.
I've been looking for solid proof and am coming up with donuts.

What do you think of Dr. Andrew Kaufman's review of the early CV-19 and other published papers? The Rooster in the River of Rats (or whatever it was) presentation? Or the contagion experiments done during the Spanish Flu epidemic....article link provided?

How about this Polio one?

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
I can understand why. Have you read? -

Saw it referenced somewhere but have not read.
Still reading this one....the Germ Theory section is captivating...and eye opening..
Good news actually.....