Can we talk about Channel Islands?

tedshred

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 15, 2008
Forgive me Father for I have sinned. I posted a Yurin surf review on the erBB.

He made the board look like it bogs off the top. That said, I think is some of Yuri's best surfing to date. He's doing some turns. Wouldn't it be funny if, in ten years, he's a rippah?
Anybody wonder what his country of origin is? Eastern European accent with asian physical features. Maybe Mongolia or something?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Anybody wonder what his country of origin is? Eastern European accent with asian physical features. Maybe Mongolia or something?
FSU/legacy thereof country of origin. If you told me he was born in NYC to immigrant parents and homeschooled I wouldn't be surprised though. Ethnically he's probably from somewhere in a Republic in the Eastern part of today's Russian Federation. He looks exactly like the Moscow defense reinforcements from East of the Urals in the WWII documentaries. Right after the part where basically everything that wrote with vodka runes and had a penis for about three time zones got finally solved for living space, they cut to some gnarly d00dz that are like half homo genus primate, half Siberian Husky, with fucking anti-freeze for blood.

That's Yuri. That's so Yuri, the fullsuit, booties, gloves, and hood instead of a speedo in 40 degree water on a rainy day is probably a complete accessory sellout for the vlog, and about as necessary as the digital handheld anemometer at the water's edge.

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I agree the Gudangs made it look like it went in those conditions, but I don't think a Rocket Wide would look worse.

When was the water 52° in San Clemente? I was complaining that the water was 54° in LA's South Bay a few weeks ago to someone in SC and they said the water was 61°. It finally made it north of 60° in my zone today.

Reactions: jkb

Goofy_Footed

Nep status
Jul 31, 2016
I don't know, man......

I mean the G'dangs made it look good in those conditions, but they also made Salad look rather pedestrian at the same time.

Disclaimer: I've never like the idea of a wide nosed narrow tail board so maybe I'm jaded.
Agree Salsa looked pretty bad. No wonder he doesn’t do reviews in small surf like his community asks. I like the Gs but this board does nothing for me and it’s mostly because of the way it looks. Call me shallow :nana:

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Take it easy on my boy salsita. Duu had a hip replacement and moved to Texas this year. For most 50 year olds that would be a surf hobby death sentence.

That said the board doesnt interest me much. If im gonna go short n stubby I want a wider tail so it really grovels.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Whatever part of Russia Sarah Palin could see from her house in AK. I assumed it was called Kamchatka- but maybe I just remember that name from playing Risk (boar game) as a kid.