Can we talk about Channel Islands?

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
All these lettered model names starting to sound like a trannie convention at CI.
Old mate reckons the carbon strip should load up on the bottom turn and then unload through the top turn. Cough, cough...bullshit...cough, cough. Be the slowest rebounding foam/carbon strip board ever if it did. What do you guys think of his hypothesis?

Last edited:

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
All these lettered model names starting to sound like a trannie convention at CI.
Old mate reckons the carbon strip should load up on the bottom turn and then unload through the top turn. Cough, cough...bullshit...cough, cough. Be the slowest rebounding foam/carbon strip board ever if it did. What do you guys think of his hypothesis?
I'm thinking the biggest difference in flex comes from the EPS/Epoxy construction rather than the "spine" itself.

Last edited:

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
The G Skate looks like it needs a wave and personally, once there's actually a wave and not feeble dribble I'm overjoyed and thruster shortboards I already have are a blast. Still looks fun; I just don't need a 4th board for surf I rarely get and will probably need a plane to get in the next 4-5 months.

The Bobby Quad looks like a useful small wave board. Almost yolo'd one a few times this Spring.

Yewstreet

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 8, 2019
Got a g skate as a gift about a month ago. First session was low tide OH+ OBSF, performed pretty terribly as expected haha. Having a 5'8 board was not giving me enough foam to fight against the current.

I've been able to surf it in shoulder to OH lined up waves in and around the SC area and its performed really well (set up as a twin + trailer). Keeps speed well and is pretty loose. Can go decently vertical off the bottom on it, but I've noticed if I'm going fast and don't set the inner rail well, I start to skip out. Will be bringing it to El Salvador with me in the summer so hopefully will get a better feel for it by then.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Im partial to short surfers, but Tommy is so cool! Great style too. Sweet little video.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Can't say that, outside of his performances at Pipe and waves that are similar, I was ever a big fan of Tom Carrol's style.

Is that blasphemous?

Reactions: silentbutdeadly

sh3

Michael Peterson status
Dec 1, 2008
Objectivity should never be mistaken for blasphemy.

You're in the clear.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Forgive me Father for I have sinned. I posted a Yurin surf review on the erBB.

He made the board look like it bogs off the top. That said, I think this is some of Yuri's best surfing to date. He's doing some turns. Wouldn't it be funny if, in ten years, he's a rippah?

Last edited:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Forgive me Father for I have sinned. I posted a Yurin surf review on the erBB.

He made the board look like it bogs off the top. That said, I think is some of Yuri's best surfing to date. He's doing some turns. Wouldn't it be funny if, in ten years, he's a rippah?
He's definitely getting better. "First they mock you, then they fight you, then you win" etc.