slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
2:31 and 3:06

What is the mental malfunction? I feel like 98% of the time if not more, I can tell at a glance if someone is going to catch the wave.

Why is some sweet and delicious bag of sugar looking straight at the next sweet and delicious bag of sugar who is obviously going, and having such a committed paddle that the sweet and delicious bag of sugar brings the section down? In neither case did it specifically ruin the sweet and delicious bag of sugar Yuri's ride, but unless the sweet and delicious bag of sugar torched your life and you're ruining the sweet and delicious bag of sugar back, what is the point?

Once in a great while, at a busy spot, like maybe at a point or Ponce Inlet, you kind of wait for a blown drop or a drop-in that fades the sweet and delicious bag of sugar with priority but the burn artist sweet and delicious bag of sugar kicks out, and you sort of sit so you can bolt and pick off the now-empty at a moment's notice.

But there's like fucking 8 sweet and delicious bag of skittles out in 43 degree water, seven second interval so bumps for all, in the fucking rain, and it's running to the beach. Do sweet and delicious bag of skittles really need to look straight at some sweet and delicious bag of sugar obviously going and paddle the section down on the sweet and delicious bag of sugar?
my only guess is that yurin maybe paddled around the dude right after getting a wave and took off on the next one that came? IDK, you're absolutely right though. Man there's gotta be a less crowded spot around there in those conditions:socrazy:

Reactions: Havoc

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I haven't watched Yuri in a hot minute and this is probably the first time ive seen that sweet and delicious bag of sugar surf a wave over knee high. He was almost able to complete a bog rail gutback which is unprecendented in my viewing experience. G skate obviously a magic boar and they will no doubt be flying off the racks after this impressive display of high performance surging.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
I haven't watched Yuri in a hot minute and this is probably the first time ive seen that sweet and delicious bag of sugar surf a wave over knee high. He was almost able to complete a bog rail gutback which is unprecendented in my viewing experience. G skate obviously a magic boar and they will no doubt be flying off the racks after this impressive display of high performance surging.
If bag of sugar duu goes any slower he’d be going backwards.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
How are you supposed to know how the surf is, or whether or not to put on your wetsuit, without a digital device telling you what the wind is doing at the water's edge?
I bring my laptop to the shoreline so I can check surfline and make sure it's at least 3 star conditions before I paddle.

I can't wait until they come out with a smartwatch app that will tell me where the peak is and which wave I should be paddling for.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I bring my laptop to the shoreline so I can check surfline and make sure it's at least 3 star conditions before I paddle.

I can't wait until they come out with a smartwatch app that will tell me where the peak is and which wave I should be paddling for.
It costs like $20 per day to drive on the beach in New Smyrna. If you don't live in Volusia County the annual beach driving pass is like $150. Day admission to Smyrna Dunes Park is $10. Annual pass is $20. But you have like a quarter mile walk on a boardwalk to get to checking it.

I opted for the $20 annual pass and the walk.

Weekend before last, I had a couple boards in the car, and I tried to pull up Surfline cam to save myself the check-it walk. Didn't have live-cam quality reception/bandwidth. I got pwn3d so hard by reality.

:foreheadslap:

JKH

Jan 27, 2020
You have to love his stock and what I assume are free borts (and a wettie or two) to try.

I don’t know where in New Jersey he’s sarfing, but my wife is from Philly and I get in the water in Ocean City (wife’s family has several properties there) a couple times a year and I’ve always lucked into much better waves than I left in Los Angeles’ South Bay.

Almost every video I’ve seen of Yuri’s are in really tiny conditions. I get the feeling he avoids the CH+ top-to-bottom waves I’ve seemed to luck into most trips I’ve been out there for the last 23 years with my wife.

I will say the caliber of sarfing is pretty high in the zones where I’ve sarfed in NJ . It’s comparable to Huntington/Newport in contrast to South Bay area where the performance mean is substantially lower.
Manasquan, more north. Had a great bowl section in the 80/90s that's kinda gone, some great Dick Meseroll shots from that time I'm sure everyone has seen. I grew up surfing there, whenever I go back and see it and the zoo it has become, it depresses the hell out of me. A Irons surfed a hurricane swell in 09 or 10 there, I forget but was stocked how chill he was.

Reactions: ChaseTMP