California, who are the lunatics in charge?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Well, since big business is steadily going elsewhere, CA "progressives" will need more and more of your money in order to fund their hobbies......like trains!
We can print more money. The problem is we can't eat or drive it. As the past two years have proven, we can't necessarily buy stuff with it either, especially when most of it goes to the big banks.

Regarding the trains, the HSR has turned into a 20-year/$100 billion boondoggle to nowhere, and this is through a relatively sparsely-populated part of CA. How much less can we build good public transportation in places where people live? Public transportation, btw, is the reason EVs might "work" in Europe - you really don't need a car in many places.

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
You live in CA

Besides natural beauty, people like you have turned it into a shithole in every other way
I’m sitting in my backyard sipping coffee as we speak. I had two really fun surfs this weekend and my kids are about off to some of the better schools in the country. If you think this is a shithole, you really should get out and see the world.

• Love
Reactions: plasticbertrand

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
I’m sitting in my backyard sipping coffee as we speak. I had two really fun surfs this weekend and my kids are about off to some of the better schools in the country. If you think this is a shithole, you really should get out and see the world.
I fall sounds jealous and bitter.
Anyone would agree that Calif has some shitholes - so does anywhere. But mostly it's a pretty cool place to live. I spent a decade there and go back regularly. That state is what you make of it. If you wanna go sit in the middle of the pack at Lowers and be angry - you can do that. If you wanna bike down a few miles. and surf near empty waves on a beautiful beach at Trails, you can do that too.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
He packed and moved to Phoenix.
Now instead of surfing, he's "jeeping".

You gotta respect that in some way, no matter how damn stupid.

Wish the other whiners put their money where their mouth is like ifailalot did and moved to a libertarian paradise where nobody pays taxes.

Can't wait to hear the name of that place.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
You live in CA

Besides natural beauty, people like you have turned it into a shithole in every other way
73 degree ocean water. No air conditioning because it's in the 70s during the day and 60s at night. Fun waves up and down the coast. A street fair with several bands playing, a few scattered beer gardens. Hot chicks with big smiles everywhere. C-ya wouldn't wanna B-ya.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Anyone would agree that Calif has some shitholes - so does anywhere. But mostly it's a pretty cool place to live. I spent a decade there and go back regularly. That state is what you make of it. If you wanna go sit in the middle of the pack at Lowers and be angry - you can do that. If you wanna bike down a few miles. and surf near empty waves on a beautiful beach at Trails, you can do that too.
Spot on.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
73 degree ocean water. No air conditioning because it's in the 70s during the day and 60s at night. Fun waves up and down the coast. A street fair with several bands playing, a few scattered beer gardens. Hot chicks with big smiles everywhere. C-ya wouldn't wanna B-ya.
73° ocean water for 3 weeks in summer? In one and a half counties? Fun waves for a couple hours before the wind turns onshore? Mushy closeouts?

60s at night is cold. 70s during the day is cold. I like to be able to put away my hoodies for the summer. Those temperatures are my winter

"A street fair with several bands playing, a few scattered beer gardens. Hot chicks with big smiles everywhere"

This happens everywhere. Venture out of your bubble. Arizona, Utah, and Colorado defeats CA for hot women per capita

StuAzole

Duke status
Jan 22, 2016
He packed and moved to Phoenix.
Now instead of surfing, he's "jeeping".

You gotta respect that in some way, no matter how damn stupid.

Wish the other whiners put their money where their mouth is like ifailalot did and moved to a libertarian paradise where nobody pays taxes.

Can't wait to hear the name of that place.
I do respect it. I also understand it. But I don’t understand the bitterness towards CA. Why bother with CA daily when you chose to leave it?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Jealous of what? I lived there my whole life. It's really easy to see the downturn that's happened when you've lived there for four decades, not one

I went to your area for the first time this summer. Better in every way

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
you're stoked then! good for you.
Yes I am. That's why it's complete clown show when people living in the middle of a homeless encampment for 2x as much money as anywhere else try and talk sh!t

It's mainly transplants still possessed by the false Beach Boys ideal

• Haha

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Living here and visiting here are two different things. Even if you lived here for a decade, I've spent 4 decades here and am going into my fifth. I am a third generation Californian. Jobs used to be plentiful and housing cheap. Now the opposite is true. The squeeze on the middle class is real and largely the reason why guys like ifall leave - the costs constantly rise and you get nothing for your taxes which are very high and progressive so you can't just earn more to cover your costs. I suppose your response to these realities is your choice - you can accept it, be angry about it, forget about it etc. One thing's for sure, Californians are so apathetic and atomized that the era of us being able to fix our problems has passed, and you're not going to like it when we show up in your state.