California, who are the lunatics in charge?

Pescado713

Nep status
May 2, 2019
Leaving California was easy and gets easier when I see crap like this…get ready for a lithium battery apocalypse.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Ifallalot and Kaido

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
have a buddy who works for CARB as a scientist.

they are aware of the hill they sit on. they do not fear politicians, they believe politicians fear them.

I wasn’t at all surprised Gavin was warm to their notion in his public comments.

in the end we will still have ICE 49-state cars getting registered in the state (via loopholes) and gas stations for road trippers to fill up (we need tourism!) their tanks.

oneworlded

Administrator
Jun 4, 2004
Murrica
chrisdixonreports.com
Interesting. 2035 is still a ways off, but like it or not, California drives what happens with cars. Same thing back in the day when Price is Right's prize cars boasted "California Emissions". Well, the industry followed and pretty much every car sold today has "California emissions." One of our three cars at the house is electric. We charge it from panels on our roof. Easy peasy. Ultimately, you're gonna lots most solar. Lots more houses with battery setups. And big battery storage power plants out in the desert. As Elon wants. Shoots, you can get an F150 electric that will power your house for 10 days if you're judicious now. You'll see car chargers everywhere and savvy gas station owners with the space are gonna install banks of chargers. I think it's quite possible that by 2035 electric cars are just gonna be the norm. In, I think Norway, something like 60 percent of new car sales are already electric. I wonder what'll happen with boats tho in Calif. There's a lot of movement towards electric in that industry, but boats require so much energy to propel them that you need absolutely massive battery banks. The effects on auto spare parts companies and ancillary products will be huge. The savvy auto customizers are already figuring out how to make classics electric. Again - interesting.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Interesting. 2035 is still a ways off, but like it or not, California drives what happens with cars. Same thing back in the day when Price is Right's prize cars boasted "California Emissions". Well, the industry followed and pretty much every car sold today has "California emissions." One of our three cars at the house is electric. We charge it from panels on our roof.
Unless your solar is unattached to the grid, you're charging from the grid and the panels are sending energy back to the grid.
Easy peasy. Ultimately, you're gonna lots most solar.
Huge fossil fuel investment will be required to build these solar panels and they'll mostly be on SFHs with subsidies. This is not a solution for a lot of apartment buildings and high-rises. The load balancing will be hectic. I have solar on my roof, btw.
Lots more houses with battery setups. And big battery storage power plants out in the desert. As Elon wants.
Let's put money on this.
Shoots, you can get an F150 electric that will power your house for 10 days if you're judicious now. You'll see car chargers everywhere and savvy gas station owners with the space are gonna install banks of chargers. I think it's quite possible that by 2035 electric cars are just gonna be the norm. In, I think Norway, something like 60 percent of new car sales are already electric.
Could work in other countries with adequate power generation, like Japan. Scandinavia has amazing public transportation and the electrical energy to power it, thus you don't need a car for long distances. Same in Japan. California is a completely different story.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I suspect electric cars will have crazy ranges by 2035. If Y then no biggie.
If no, then take 1 way flight to any other state, buy gas or diesel car, drive back to CA.

A 2018 study predicted they'd have a range of 400 miles by 2028. Basic Teslas are already over that. It's 2023 and Tesla ONE pack are getting almost 800m on a single charge.

Reactions: Aruka