Allowing and ignoring lawlessness, rampant drug dealing, and homelessness in Los Angeles is working out fine.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
You seem like you don't agree with my rationale as to why laws are not being enforced, to wit, there are financial interests and a homeless industrial complex ensuring that we continue not to enforce laws. These same financial interests can ensure voters believe that we just need to build more housing so that they continue to be awarded housing development contracts.
I know the guys building the tiny houses villages don't want it to end. They make just over 800k per shack.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I know the guys building the tiny houses villages don't want it to end. They make just over 800k per shack.
Follow streetpeopleoflosangeles on Twitter. Mike Bonin's "husband" - though I deny he is married - has big real estate connections. It's the same for most of the people on LA city council. Local politicians can't get elected without FIRE backers and many are trying to show they are reliable to move upward.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
We can fine everyday people $1000's for littering, yet we can't do ANYTHING about homeless shitting and throwing needles on the sidewalk.

Priorities are f'kd up.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
We can fine everyday people $1000's for littering, yet we can't do ANYTHING about homeless shitting and throwing needles on the sidewalk.

Priorities are f'kd up.
thanks for showing up, Carol!

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009

Priorities are f'kd up.
How many people do you know that have actually been fined $1k for littering. I wish littering laws were actually enforced. I see it happening every day with impunity. It’s easy and convenient to blame it all on the homeless, but we all know that isn’t true.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
We’ve just gone through three years of the Democrats telling us, “if it saves one life it’s worth it“. In Los Angeles alone there are dozens of deaths every week due to this lawlessness, and once a week on average involving innocent people. Why can’t these dingdong‘s on the left to apply the same standard to saving actual lives that they did when imposing lockdowns and their totalitarian will on American people.

• Haha
Reactions: $kully

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
We’ve just gone through three years of the Democrats telling us, “if it saves one life it’s worth it“. In Los Angeles alone there are dozens of deaths every week due to this lawlessness, and once a week on average involving innocent people. Why can’t these dingdong‘s on the left to apply the same standard to saving actual lives that they did when imposing lockdowns and their totalitarian will on American people.
I love it when you act like you have empathy.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
How many people do you know that have actually been fined $1k for littering. I wish littering laws were actually enforced. I see it happening every day with impunity. It’s easy and convenient to blame it all on the homeless, but we all know that isn’t true.
I see lots of young people, many times immigrant types (and white kids too), litter and pollute without giving a second thought. This is typical in many 3rd world countries, to litter and just dump sh*t off the nearest cliff.

These same people believe and fear global warming will eventually kill us all, too.

I guess it just doesn't matter how we treat the planet anymore, since we're all going to die from climate change anyway?

Sad twist to all this new "environmental awareness" we've been preaching.

Laws are on the books, but only select ones are enforced anymore. That's the problem.

Either enforce them or get rid of them. Apathy just increases when laws are ignored.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Any solution to the problem is going cost alot of tax dollars, which the loudest complainers will screech about.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I see lots of young people, many times immigrant types (and white kids too), litter and pollute without giving a second thought. This is typical in many 3rd world countries, to litter and just dump sh*t off the nearest cliff.

These same people believe and fear global warming will eventually kill us all, too.

I guess it just doesn't matter how we treat the planet anymore, since we're all going to die from climate change anyway?

Sad twist to all this new "environmental awareness" we've been preaching.

Laws are on the books, but only select ones are enforced anymore. That's the problem.

Either enforce them or get rid of them. Apathy just increases when laws are ignored.
“immigrant types (and white kids too)” - why even specify? I mean seriously?

But yeah I remember when I was a kid there was a massive anti-litter agenda coming out of the 80’s and it resonated and largely worked. Was it perfect? Of course not but people did mostly pick up after themselves and things got a lot better for a long time. Now not so much. The amount of new trash I find every morning on mu dog walks is really disheartening. We have a really sweet old lady in my neighborhood who pushes a cart around every day picking up trash around my neighborhood. She’s a wonderful lady and she treats it like her hobby to keep busy but it makes me sad that she has to do it.

Living in a clean world shouldn’t have to be political.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
The trash in SoCal goes beyond homelessness/ethnicity. Ugly American tourists/transplants play a big part too.

Something I definitely noticed moving up north is that there is almost no street litter. Probably because it's too cold to open the window and let fly. :roflmao:

Reactions: $kully

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Any solution to the problem is going cost alot of tax dollars, which the loudest complainers will screech about.
That’s a California problem. (state income tax). I say deport the homeless to New Jersey. Free pizza!

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
The trash in SoCal goes beyond homelessness/ethnicity. Ugly American tourists/transplants play a big part too.

Something I definitely noticed moving up north is that there is almost no street litter. Probably because it's too cold to open the window and let fly. :roflmao:
The transplant gave you a like!

From one transplant to another that should touch your nether regions.

• Haha
Reactions: Kento

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
The transplant gave you a like!

From one transplant to another that should touch your nether regions.
A trifecta of transplants! :jamon: :cheers:

What tickled my nether regions was the surf on Sat/Sun. In-fucking-sane. But then I thought it would be warmish again on Monday and wore my 4/3 and froze especially said region into numbing hibernation. :oops:

Reactions: grapedrink